Carbon Fiber Nose Piece SJ

Its all about the surf!
I designed a stream lined nose piece to fit a stock hood, which looks similar to the lowered hood nose pieces. I possess at best, ametuer glassing capabilites so I sent it to Tomski in Havasu to make a professional version. Tom was skeptical because he feels there will be very little demand for a part like this and didn't want to spend the effort making a mold if he can't sell any. If anyone is interested in one, post here so we can see if there would be enough guys interested in order to make a run. Tom is top notch with fiber glass and can make them from either carbon fiber or regular glass, what ever the customer wants. There are no finished products yet, however here's a picture of the plug to give any perspective buyers what they will look like

Attachments

• Nose cowl front.jpg
    Nose cowl front.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Nose cowl.jpg
    Nose cowl.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

rkm

A lot more people run stock hoods than lowered ones. I think if there was an economical alternative they would sell. Blowsion makes a couple but they are all $250+ which is just ridiculous

tom21

havin fun
I designed a stream lined nose piece to fit a stock hood, which looks similar to the lowered hood nose pieces. I possess at best, ametuer glassing capabilites so I sent it to Tomski in Havasu to make a professional version. Tom was skeptical because he feels there will be very little demand for a part like this and didn't want to spend the effort making a mold if he can't sell any. If anyone is interested in one, post here so we can see if there would be enough guys interested in order to make a run. Tom is top notch with fiber glass and can make them from either carbon fiber or regular glass, what ever the customer wants. There are no finished products yet, however here's a picture of the plug to give any perspective buyers what they will look like

I have been slowly working on this for you also. but with sj hoods and my conversion projects among other things I have not finished it yet. I think maybe 75 shipped?

rkm

Id take one right now and another in a month if they were avaliable. I might just ride without for now if these will be done before the end of summer. Its not like the rest of the ski looks good now(09 that got ran over by a jetboat)

tomski

X
Id take one right now and another in a month if they were avaliable. I might just ride without for now if these will be done before the end of summer. Its not like the rest of the ski looks good now(09 that got ran over by a jetboat)

I have this style available right now.

Attachments

• Stock height nose 004.jpg
    Stock height nose 004.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Stock height nose 001.jpg
    Stock height nose 001.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Stock height nose 002.jpg
    Stock height nose 002.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 109

Its all about the surf!
I don't want one thats just a splash of the stock piece w/out holes I want one that is tapered with out the "bump", like the plug I made. I could make my own but really don't want to as I'm not the best with glass. I think there's enough interest to be worth while for some one to make a mold for one. Tom21 I didn't think you were interested so I pitched it to Tomski also. If either one of you guys does make one then I'm down for two.

Penken

whoomp there it is!
i have to say the one in the second post. the "plug" looks great. would love to se how it looks on a ski.
i think you should just give it a go and start glassing. cause you wont get skills if you don´t try.
and on such a small piece you can realy take your time. i don´t think it will be that hard.

tom21

havin fun
I don't want one thats just a splash of the stock piece w/out holes I want one that is tapered with out the "bump", like the plug I made. I could make my own but really don't want to as I'm not the best with glass. I think there's enough interest to be worth while for some one to make a mold for one. Tom21 I didn't think you were interested so I pitched it to Tomski also. If either one of you guys does make one then I'm down for two.

Ive already started the mold, but its about as far as your foam only in bondo, it needs to be smoothed and the mold made. its close but I have soo much on my plate already I have just not been able to finish it. I promised I would make "the 227 stock-lowered nosepiece" and I will.

Its all about the surf!
Ive already started the mold, but its about as far as your foam only in bondo, it needs to be smoothed and the mold made. its close but I have soo much on my plate already I have just not been able to finish it. I promised I would make "the 227 stock-lowered nosepiece" and I will.

Cool, post a pic of the plug

Top Bottom