Carbon Fiber Nose Piece SJ

Its all about the surf!
Seems like theres a fair amount of interest in a shaved nose piece like my plug which will go with a stock hood. I'm counting 8 spoken for right now. Tom21 or Tomski one of you glass gurus needs to get on it! If you charged $125 ea thats a $1000!

Its all about the surf!

tom21

havin fun
is this your card? who is wanting carbon and who wants gelcoat? I still have to prime sand and pull the mold. phone pics suck but I think its a very close reproduction of your part 227?

Attachments

• lownose1 (Small).JPG
    lownose1 (Small).JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 74
  • lownose2 (Small).JPG
    lownose2 (Small).JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 124
  • lownose (Small).JPG
    lownose (Small).JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 77

TOBY

BNA
Look at post #8 its not a splsh..
This is a nice piece but its just a splash of the stock piece minus the vents. He already advertized it in THIS thread in post #19. Several people already make a version of these. I think the majority of us are looking for a cut down piece (Post #2) as there currently is NO ONE making this style of nose piece. (Hopefully Tom21 will change this)

Its all about the surf!
Look at post #8 its not a splsh..

???? Post 8 is a splash also. How is it any different from stock other than the vents have been filled? Same silly looking bump. As I previously stated, several people already make these.

Its all about the surf!
is this your card? who is wanting carbon and who wants gelcoat? I still have to prime sand and pull the mold. phone pics suck but I think its a very close reproduction of your part 227?

Tom that looks pretty good but I was thinking you could blend it a little better by shaving it down a little more? It looks like you splashed a stocker, but only started to slope the front after the cut out area of the pole. (Pic 2 where I drew the large arrow) If you shaved it down from the very front of the nose to the rear edge where it meets the hood it seems you can follow a continuous contour of the stock hood and blend it to the stock nose contour with no “hump” at all (pic 1) The ski would look much sleeker. Forgive my crappy line art I suck at computers also

Attachments

• nose piece 2.jpg
    nose piece 2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 61
  • nose piece ex 1.jpg
    nose piece ex 1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 57

Its all about the surf!

Toby IMO these look much better, clearly shaved down a lot from stock. This looks different than Stunts or Tomskis. The "hump" has been removed. Were getting a lot closer to what I originally envisioned at least. Not trying to knit pick, you have a great part, I like it the best of all I've seen so far but I think if the vent indentations were filled and that it was shaved down even more, you could get that continueous blend from hood to nose.

Top Bottom