Carving one leg out of tray

Like it says, what's the best technique? I can do it a little but not a major hang off the side and just rip it... Feels like my knee is going to snap lol! Do you guys lock your knee, keep it bent? Put your foot that's in the tray on the low side or high side? I think I've figured out it's alot of gas kinda thing, seems easier anyway... Just wondering what everyone does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Power has nothing to do with it. It is all in the momentum. On a race course it all depends on the type of turn. Really tight, not needed. Loose fast sweepers is where it really works. You hit the turn. Shift your outside foot inside and put your inside foot out as an outrigger. If the turn gets tighter you lay the ski over more. it does take a lot of energy if your racing. Not always the best way to take a sweeper.

the above advice is pretty accurate. go into it about 3/8 to half throttle, then when you get the feel of it, you can really lean out there.sometimes i go so low to where im dragging my knee. heres a one handed leg drag

lemme know if the link is broken.

Its all about the surf!
.........Loose fast sweepers is where it really works. You hit the turn. Shift your outside foot inside and put your inside foot out as an outrigger.......

Do this!

I also found that getting your body position as far forward as you can really helps. Learning to leg drag is just like any other trick- practice, practice, practice! I remember seeing Victor do this back in the day. I Thought it looked so cool that I practiced until I got it down. BTW its looks cool but it's not necessarily a faster riding style on a buoy course

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Leg drags are awesome. They look good and are great fun to do. Was never something you used on the race track unless as said above you were on a small hull.

it was more productive on 550 hulls as they were not as stable during high speed sweepers.that's were the hp helped to pull you out of it.

I have been working on learning to do this right a lot this season. On my sn hull I find its not actually needed but is just a cool thing to do. @227 that pic is a big help, thanks. They just look so cool so I'm workin on it. I ride goofy footed and what I've been trying is slashing hard right on a wave lip then letting my momentum "fall over" to the left side and trying to catch my leg to carve and set up for another right turn on the wave or wake at the break point. It's hard to find boats willing to let you get that close. lol

Indyxc

Worst Freestyler Ever!
it was more productive on 550 hulls as they were not as stable during high speed sweepers.that's were the hp helped to pull you out of it.

I tend to agree. Works on hulls that can't make long sweeping turns. 08 SJ and SXR can carve on their own.

One of the tricks I loved to do the most on my 550 as I diddn't have enuff power to do much else! Great advice here, body forward, foot to the low side in the tray, and really concentrate on your foot in the water an what it can do for you. Smooth water I could lean it over far enuff to drag the low side bar in the water....good stuff

Top Bottom