Cases 62t vs 61x

I dug around trying to find some information on case porting but did not have alot of luck finding anything... any help?? I have a stock 61x motor that i am running with b pipe, I am gonna try a bolt on 61x bored way out (yeah i know its to thin, dont plan on wrapping it to max rpm just playing with it) on the 61x cases then go to 64y (760) cases and dual 44's and have some true big bore sleeves installed and have it port matched and feel the difference first hand, its hard to feel what everyone is saying about their power while typing on a computer... I am sure they all hit great. I have everything for a secong motor except a crank.. guess i am gonna stick with the 61x electronics unless i pick up this waveblast 2 with a 760 in it..

Last edited:
It seems that everyone (except me) likes to use their throttle like a light switch. Giant carbs help will make an engine respond this way along with light pump loads, porting, and B-pipes. A stock 61X case with a 44 will make good power, but they respond too smoothly to provide that "HIT" that everyone likes. You mentioned boring the cyl to the max and not turning a lot of rpm. You will not get best low speed thrust unless its spinning 7000+ rpm.

Last edited:
You mentioned boring the cyl to the max and not turning a lot of rpm. You will not get best low speed thrust unless its spinning 7000+ rpm.

It will turn all the rpms I want, I was just warned to not stay at 7k for long or all hell might break loose since the sleeves are thin....

Dunno if I want to spend the 500$ to finish this or stick with the 701 and get it ported, thats why i was just going to bolt on the cylinder and try it if I liked it it would get torn down and all the new stuff installed

Last edited:
Top Bottom