SX/SXi/SXi Pro Cavitation

Having cavitation issues with my 750sx. If i turn the ski taking off it hooks up instantly but taking off in a straight line it just revs and doesnt hook up at all. Ive pulled and resealed the pump twice impeller has a little gap but looks to be pretty tight. Any suggestions? Im about at wits end with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill check it out again to confirm just wondering why it hooks up instantly when i turn the bars

It also has pretty decent snap on plane i just dont get why its so bad on takeoff

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
It also has pretty decent snap on plane i just dont get why its so bad on takeoff

Well the load is much higher from a stop. Once up and running, the pump is getting fed by the momentum of the ski pushing water in the pump cavity.

Is it only me that thinks a 8-17 is an odd pitch? Thats a really low initial pitch and 9 pitch increase to 17. Most of what ive see is no lower than a 9 initial pitch with an increase of 5-6 pitches. It could be completely fine but it just got me thinking.

Me too but it did the same with the 12-20 i had on it last year thats why i switched john said it wasnt his pitch job but he checked it and it was good. Just getting frustrated.

Well the load is much higher from a stop. Once up and running, the pump is getting fed by the momentum of the ski pushing water in the pump cavity.

Is it only me that thinks a 8-17 is an odd pitch? Thats a really low initial pitch and 9 pitch increase to 17. Most of what ive see is no lower than a 9 initial pitch with an increase of 5-6 pitches. It could be completely fine but it just got me thinking.
I agree it's a very odd pitch, but I haven't messed with kawasaki much. Seems like your pump wear ring is worn out and has excessive gap or your pulling air. I would check that prop pitch

Okay checked my prop clearance and it is less than 1 mm im using rtv to seal the pump and have reinstalled it twice now.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
check you bearing housing in pump tunnel make sure its sealed
Yes check this for sure!!! I had that issue with a Q8 in the past.

Also when installing that pump make sure you can't see any light around it. I also use a little rtv on the inside for a smooth transition. A little soapy water to get it smooth.

Top Bottom