CDI Question

If you ground the white wire off the CDI (RIVA purple box in this scenario) and your ski still doesn't shut down, is it safe to confirm that the issue lies within the CDI?

I have chased this annoying issue right to the box. I have solid continuity and all switches are working correctly. Thoughts? Thanks in advance; I'm at wit's end.

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Yes, as long as you have the CDI black wire connected to the ground lug in the case, also check and make sure the black wire going to the stator is grounded too...

Big Kahuna

Administrator
If you ground the white wire off the CDI (RIVA purple box in this scenario) and your ski still doesn't shut down, is it safe to confirm that the issue lies within the CDI?

I have chased this annoying issue right to the box. I have solid continuity and all switches are working correctly. Thoughts? Thanks in advance; I'm at wit's end.

So, I guess the connector leading into the box is good then. I wondered if you figured it out.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
If you put the output of the pulser coil directly to ground via the kill switch, it woudl kill the engine too.

but.. I guess you would then have decent ac voltage in the handlebar switch too, might be a shocking experience...

IM not sure how the cdi white wire handles the kill function, but im sure there are work arounds.

Top Bottom