Cheap UMI bushing solutions?

JustinB

Proof I has a brain \l/
I broke my turnplate today and have been eyeing that sweet $25 billet turnplate from WDK- problem is it requires a Umi bearing. Has anyone come up with a cheap bushing/bolt setup to use it on the stock pole? I may have to hit up Home Depot with my calipers to find something. Any ideas?

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
I got some delrin bar stock and whipped up two parts, one the size of the large bearing and one to replace the thin flat bearing. then i tossed that pesky nylock in the trash and made a round SS "nut" i slotted the "nut" after drilling and tapping a hole to make it a "lock nut" so i tighten it down to get the drag that i want and take up some of the slop, then tighten down the pinch bolt and it NEVER moves! I was so sick of the umi bearings i had to do something, and i was sick of having to adjust the nylock all the time too!

i have a shortened blowsion turn plate right now, im working on putting my ski back together, this time with an x metal plate and straight bars. it should work great with the bushings i already have.

of course, this may not help you, unless you have a lathe at your disposal...

JustinB

Proof I has a brain \l/
I got some delrin bar stock and whipped up two parts, one the size of the large bearing and one to replace the thin flat bearing. then i tossed that pesky nylock in the trash and made a round SS "nut" i slotted the "nut" after drilling and tapping a hole to make it a "lock nut" so i tighten it down to get the drag that i want and take up some of the slop, then tighten down the pinch bolt and it NEVER moves! I was so sick of the umi bearings i had to do something, and i was sick of having to adjust the nylock all the time too!

i have a shortened blowsion turn plate right now, im working on putting my ski back together, this time with an x metal plate and straight bars. it should work great with the bushings i already have.

of course, this may not help you, unless you have a lathe at your disposal...

I dont have a lathe, but I may be able to come up with something. Can you post some pictures of yours?

Top Bottom