checking for water leaks

Speleopower

got a Superjet
Over the past year I have noticed my ski was getting heavier. I figured I had didn't seal up my footwells right when I installed them at the beginning of '08. No biggie I wanted to modify the wells sometime in the next couple of years and I figured I would defoam at that time.

My ski seems to have gained more and more weight so I figured I would drill some small holes in the back and let some water out. Holes were drilled and water poured out the back. It was still dripping a week later when I filled the holes in with 5200. I lightly sanded around the holes and then used the air compressor to blow the dust off. On a whim I put the air nozzle in the hole and blew air into the hole. When I did I could hear a whistle in the engine compartment.

My friend put his ear to the engine compartment and he found the steering cable fitting was leaking air which would account for all the water weight I have gained.

Using a small hole drilled in the back and an air compressor you might be able to track down water leaks.

Just another idea.

Scott

Top Bottom