Clicking coming from the ebox, ski won't start

So I just bought a 1986 JS440 off craigslist and when I got it, it ran fine. I couple days later I tried to take it out but it wouldn't start. I ended up getting help from another rider who hit my starter with a hammer, which actually got it to work. I had to do this a lot so I ended up buying a new started and while I was at it I also bought spark plugs. I ran extremely well for a couple weeks until I took out the battery to charge it. After I put the battery back in and tried to start it, all I got was a clicking/humming noise from the ebox. The starter doesn't engage at all. Please help.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
jump the 2 post on the noid with a screwdriver. If the motor turns over its a bad noid. If it sparkes all to hell its a bad starter or cable lead to starter

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
There is a great post with pictures over on pwctoday with step by step instructions on how to take the solenoid apart and clean it.

Also could be poor ground. Mine had this problem and I found that the ground cable was connected to the case bolts on the carb side of the engine. I moved it and connected it directly to the starter mounting bolt, and starting has been strong ever since.

Also found that my starter button was badly corroded. Took it apart and cleaned it and it works (most of the time). Need to replace it.

If it won't start with a screwdriver shorting terminals, check the ground cable. If it does, check the starter button.

RoscoeJ

760 B1
battery could be reading 12v but have no cranking amps ,try putting jump pack on it or load test battery.

Seriously check the ground cable before you do anything else! one way to do this is to run a jumper cable from the negative post on the battery to the starter body and then try starting it. If it cranks over you know it's a ground problem.

Sounds like a bad battery to me, and it is the easiest thing to check before trouble shooting the solenoid, starter or other electronics.

The volt reading on the battery could be good, but it still does not have enough power (amps) to turn the engine. Jump the battery with your car battery or put in a known good battery and try it then.

Check out this thread on the super jet forum.
http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?thre...king-sound-in-ebox.153654/page-2#post-1658138

Top Bottom