Surfriding clogged cooling

clogged.jpg

Last edited:
WTH? Were you going 5mph along the beach for like 5 minutes!?

:) its a friend's ski, he beached it the normal cool way as everybody else... 5min later the chamber coupler burned out due to lack of cooling and other things happened $$$$... :) It might be a couple start attempts while ski sitting on the sand.. however, just be careful to all :)

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
yeah... start backflushing through the pissers. That didn't happen in one shot, its been clogging over time due to poor flushing.

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I think what he was trying to say is "don't be a bitch and beach your ski"

btw, that wasn't caused by beaching but instead not flushing!

That's not from beaching... probably more from letting sit on the beach in the surge zone and the pump filling with sand, which gets sucked up next ride. Before starting dunk the pump a couple times to wash the sand back out.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I pulled the head off my wife's first ski and found similar buildup occurring. I believe it's from too much idling and not enough time on the throttle pushing water thru the jacket hard enough to flush as you ride.

Tell your buddy to stop riding like a girl. :nutkick:

a ski i bought was like this, but i got to it after about 10 years. sand/salt/water apparently makes cement. took a long time to scrape out. just ordered the mcmaster filter a day ago though.

Top Bottom