Co2 powerd trim

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
Anyone know what ever happened with the Co2 powered trim system idea? ski clinic and 1 or 2 other guys were working on them. Was everything just abandoned?

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
My gut feeling was always that it would be too abrupt and break things from the shock while under load.

However, there were similar setups for race sitdowns back in the day, and I don't remember issues with them, but I also didn't use them.

I talked to John about it at Nationals. They do have a working system. He said that it works really well and you get plenty of ride time out of it (I think a day's worth at least). I think the reason you haven't seen much of it is because they are a bit gun shy of the liability of such a system. It would be easy to break a finger or similar if you were being an idiot. I think it is being kept within their riding circle for that reason.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
I talked to John about it at Nationals. They do have a working system. He said that it works really well and you get plenty of ride time out of it (I think a day's worth at least). I think the reason you haven't seen much of it is because they are a bit gun shy of the liability of such a system. It would be easy to break a finger or similar if you were being an idiot. I think it is being kept within their riding circle for that reason.

good to know:fing02:

SXR-FOREVER

Finally Flippin
With air retractable landing gear on r/c airplanes it is extremely violent but all you have to do is restrict the airflow and you can control it very well. I bet they could do something like that to make it less...destructive if thats an issue.

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
ok more information. how many lbs of pull does it take to pull a trim nozzle at running speed? how big of a air cylinder would I need. 2 inch stroke what size bore? I think I am going to try and build one. I just need to think out the bugs : )

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
ok more information. how many lbs of pull does it take to pull a trim nozzle at running speed? how big of a air cylinder would I need. 2 inch stroke what size bore? I think I am going to try and build one. I just need to think out the bugs : )
Not sure the forces needed, but they have calculators on the site for cylinder force and sizing.

theskiclinic

aka The " SAVAGE "

THANKS madmat !

We do have systems in use currently on 3 machines, and have moved away from co2 to compressed air ( 3500 psi ), for more pressure - more hits per ride
I have been running the set up for 2 years solid and works great ....
you know when you are grabbing full trim you are getting your max trim guaranteed every time with no effort, unlike traditional cable systems where you may have say 30 degrees static, but when you are using it against the power of the jet you may only really get say 25 degrees or less due to cable stretch , not to mention cable failures ,so for that very reason I love it .

We have not pursued the market end of it partly because cost is high to produce

but if you are in the market for a HIGH end trim system that is top notch ...

D

theskiclinic

aka The " SAVAGE "
k so if I wanted one how much? I think that is a question on everyones mind...

$975
includes everything head to toe ...
lever
cable ( used to activate air valve )
compressed air bottle
on/off valve
regulators
valve
actuator
reduction nozzle
trim ring
turn nozzle
plumbling - i.e. air lines

D

if you guys teamed up thrustinnovations and used their tilt and nozzle it would be sick,the stocker nozzle parts welded up just dont have that $1000 look to them imho. Its also hard to imagine a air cylinder pushing harder than a 100hp+ jet

mosquini

Looking for a fixed steer standup
if you guys teamed up thrustinnovations and used their tilt and nozzle it would be sick,the stocker nozzle parts welded up just dont have that $1000 look to them imho. Its also hard to imagine a air cylinder pushing harder than a 100hp+ jet[/SIZE]

if you look at #'s in regaurds to this with pressure and volume you can move anything. you can use a small 1.5 foot square bag that is 2 inches thick when pumped up is 6 inches thick that lifts up a fire truck break or open a locked car door in a wreck. Think of a bike tire, it keeps a 200+ pound rider from smashing the rim into the ground with 30 psi think what 3500 psi will do. Thats awesome that there making that system, and you can just haveyour cylender filled at any dive shop for ultra cheep. Props Ski Cinic

Top Bottom