Codys 2014 Hurricane Build

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Totally dude!! I getcha. Upside down and no helmet learning flips is begging for a disaster otherwise Haha

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
Totally dude!! I getcha. Upside down and no helmet learning flips is begging for a disaster otherwise Haha
I wore a helmet through 100ish flops and flips. Only one time did it ever almost be needed because I slipped out of the holds and went forward. I love it without a helmet...so free. But def worth the investment of saving your neck! That one time is all is takes to turn your day to poop

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I wore a helmet through 100ish flops and flips. Only one time did it ever almost be needed because I slipped out of the holds and went forward. I love it without a helmet...so free. But def worth the investment of saving your neck! That one time is all is takes to turn your day to poop
You're a lucky one then! I guess flips are different then rolls and inverted stabs tho.. . A helmet has saved me plenty of times from failed inverts

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
You're a lucky one then! I guess flips are different then rolls and inverted stabs tho.. . A helmet has saved me plenty of times from failed inverts

I haven't tried any rolls yet..well one, got the wind knocked out of me because I was just trying to get the first quarter of the roll down and straight to the stomach the water came haha. I will start rolls soon, after flips and ill do it the same way. 25% at a time. Gets me over my fears and learn everything at a slow pace. I like it that way, motor mounts think differently hahah

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I haven't tried any rolls yet..well one, got the wind knocked out of me because I was just trying to get the first quarter of the roll down and straight to the stomach the water came haha. I will start rolls soon, after flips and ill do it the same way. 25% at a time. Gets me over my fears and learn everything at a slow pace. I like it that way, motor mounts think differently hahah

Haha when I first started learning rolls I had that happen many times... It definitely hurts Haha. IMO you should start by over rotating nose stabs and that'll ease you into rolling.
Lol I believe it!! I still have yet to break a motor mount. Blows my mind that I haven't..

SkiPro

Trim down for what!?!?!?
I pounded my SJ for three seasons with nothing but "upside down subs" aka "inverted stabs" Failed rolls , Flops, Everything under the sun from V wakes to Big boat wakes and never broke a motor mount.. amazingly.. Then sold the ski.

Last edited:
Rode yesterday with some Tracy buddies just getting comfortable and doing some flat water spins, I wana flip!

827494acabed5229d3d711d20a8c7b56.jpg

6e5666f55f9d92f032b9f21da7a32bee.jpg

mightymighty2stroke

I'd rather be on the lake
Did you put the versiplugs in or did the previous guy? I was wondering if they're a direct bolt on or some modifying was needed. I don't want to run the duckbills it comes with.

Did you hit bottom

Exit: now it looks more like a sideways break, not form hitting the bottom. That bites

Last edited:
I did hit the back of the ski on bottom once but it was not hard at all, who knows maybe that put a crack in it and my leg snapped off the rest of the nozzle

Top Bottom