Surfriding Cold-Fusion ZB FR-2

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
When I got my RRP pole it had the short regular standard length tubes. I got the ones ment for the FS1/2 from Taylor, they are alot longer then the standard tubes. You even have to swap out the M5 threaded rod safety bar as the tubes are too long for it. I'll try to measure them later today.

BTW, SN throttle cable was perfect length on mine with the long RRP tubes, and Boyesen/rear carb mounted intake manifold. Just put it on.

I NEED one of those quick steers!

Last edited:

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
zack if u rode coungs ski the ride plate is shimmed with washers he's the one who told me about it

well hot damn! lol ill have to give him a call.

so i just measured my pole. its 10'' soft..........

OH my RRP pole......

from the bottom from the pole spring to the top is 43'' and 1/4 and with the pole laying on the ski from the front of the bracket to the RRP chin pad (wich is basically equal to the pole end) is 47'' 3/4.

look what i just got!!!!!!!!!!

04f7a443.jpg

Last edited:

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
Killer keep the updates coming. I just bought two RRP steering set ups. Damn. What was your issue with them?

I think an issue with it was I powdercoated it. Like where the steering cable attatchment attatches to the plate, the plate was powdercoated so the bolts could never truly tighten because they were tight on top of powdercoat. Well once the powdercoat wore off they were sloppy and then stripped out. But my frequent problem that I've had in surfslam and then in pismo then 3 times in a row is the plate backing away from eachother and then my bars are stupid sloppy and when you tighten it, the spaced is reverse threaded so it loosens, it's just a joke and I'm over it. There's so many parts to it, like what 7?. Sorry Rick, I'm going back to a simple plate, bar clamp, and bushing. Pretty much winning. Thanks cold-fusion lol

That quick steer is the $HIT! Awesome idea there. Dude your ski emanates sexiness.

Thanks buddy. Yeah the piece is VEDDY NIIIICE!!!! kick ass idea.

So on day 3 of my wisdom teeth out my mouth is still killing me..... So I'm Goin to re-turf my xmetal box cuz, duh, it's not yellow, and I have nothing to do....

I also measured my RRP tube length, guess I should have done that in the first place... It's about 28" long. Shaun what are yours?

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
well on my vicodin filled day i decided to do this! i think it looks way better!

30590e01.jpg

my dogs eyes look awesome.

i also made this cool little video of me re-turfing the box. ENJOY!

also anyone got any feedback on the pole tube length?

Last edited by a moderator:

cattledog

EH TEAM RACING
I think an issue with it was I powdercoated it. Like where the steering cable attatchment attatches to the plate, the plate was powdercoated so the bolts could never truly tighten because they were tight on top of powdercoat. Well once the powdercoat wore off they were sloppy and then stripped out. But my frequent problem that I've had in surfslam and then in pismo then 3 times in a row is the plate backing away from eachother and then my bars are stupid sloppy and when you tighten it, the spaced is reverse threaded so it loosens, it's just a joke and I'm over it. There's so many parts to it, like what 7?. Sorry Rick, I'm going back to a simple plate, bar clamp, and bushing. Pretty much winning. Thanks cold-fusion lol

Thanks buddy. Yeah the piece is VEDDY NIIIICE!!!! kick ass idea.

So on day 3 of my wisdom teeth out my mouth is still killing me..... So I'm Goin to re-turf my xmetal box cuz, duh, it's not yellow, and I have nothing to do....

I also measured my RRP tube length, guess I should have done that in the first place... It's about 28" long. Shaun what are yours?

i agree with you on the steering system i won one at daytona last year , and of course i dont ride anywheres as hard as you this thing keeps coming loose like the old turd umis , the best one i ever used was the cold fusion plate with the locking collar nut that used the stock bearing

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
Ginsu Knifes, contact cement fumes and Vicodine , next you'll be running with scissors
Db

just trying to walk in your footsteps bud. one step at a time

i agree with you on the steering system i won one at daytona last year , and of course i dont ride anywheres as hard as you this thing keeps coming loose like the old turd umis , the best one i ever used was the cold fusion plate with the locking collar nut that used the stock bearing

honestly i dont think it gets better then carls set up. even tho im accosiated with him, if i came at it from the outside. simpler is better and reliable.

hahaaha noiceee Zack. I like the classy use of your kitchen and knives to get the job done FREERIDE style. looks tits bro

ALLLLL ways bro. kitchen counter and ginsu knives all in the name of freeride! hahahaha thanks man

I'm 100% FINISHING my ski tomorrow... I'll def measure them for ya.

good for me, GREAT FOR YOU!!!!!!!! stoked for ya.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
"with the pole laying on the ski from the front of the bracket to the RRP chin pad (wich is basically equal to the pole end)" AND LONGER RRP TUBES mine in @ 49'' 3/4. Tubes are all the way in, and can be adjusted out alot to lengthen it.

pole.jpg

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
BTW measured Rickter vs RRP pole lenght off the poles, fresh out of the boxes. RRP 23.5" Rickter 28"

Top Bottom