SX/SXi/SXi Pro Cold Start Issue

Gidday, just wondering if any1 could help me out.
i have a 95sx with twin keihin carbs and sometimes when it's cold is a real hassle to start.
installed a priming kit so fuels not the problem, new plugs and boots, new fully charged battery. So sometimes kicks over straight away, sometimes have to jump start the thing from my car. But once its warm, will start all day and run great. i had a quick look inside the cdi box and its all very dry/clean, but didnt run multi meter tests, which is probably what is needed i think....?
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. cheers

Gidday, just wondering if any1 could help me out.
i have a 95sx with twin keihin carbs and sometimes when it's cold is a real hassle to start.
installed a priming kit so fuels not the problem, new plugs and boots, new fully charged battery. So sometimes kicks over straight away, sometimes have to jump start the thing from my car. But once its warm, will start all day and run great. i had a quick look inside the cdi box and its all very dry/clean, but didnt run multi meter tests, which is probably what is needed i think....?
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. cheers

How was it before the primer kit was put on? On most of my skis I've retained the stock choke which works excellent... basically choke it when cold until it starts, then turn the choke off. One too many squirts of the primer and you're flooded.

Na it wasn't getting fuel at all with the choke's 'on' before. i think the tank would de-pressurise and it wouldn't have enough crank case pressure to pull the fuel through again, used to have to squirt some start-ya-bastard down the carby throats or in pistons to get it started before. now seems to be starting ok, but could be better...

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
My 750 is very cold blooded as well. i usally pull the fuel line of the carb blow in to it untill fuel flows put the line on the carb and it will start with no primer.

Top Bottom