comments on this kaw 750

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...50272260983&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

I'm one of the few who likes Kaw 750's. Yes, I know, bash me to death.

I do mostly all lake / river riding, jumping boat wakes, etc.. No racing or surf riding, etc.. I'm a gear head and like things to go fast.

Can anyone comment on this setup. It says in the ad that he runs Sunoco Supreme (that is 93/94 octane correct) but it says 210psi which is in race gas psi territory correct?

Is this a race gas or pump gas engine. I briefly spoke with the seller, and he said it needs race gas.

He said that if the engine was sent back to the builder, they could recut the head to make it run on pump gas, but I would guess that would mean more tuning once it gets back. It has the MRD fuel injection system, which I've read is good for wide open throttle buoy racing, but is a little finiky when it comes to on/off/on/off the throttle.

Would this even be considered something that is relatively turn-key & reliable or is it going to be something that needs constant wrenching?

I've read nothing but good reviews on here regarding the mag pump.

I had a modified 750 years ago, and it had all bolt on's (aftermarket carb, R&D intake manifold, R&D head, Factory racing pipe, TRD waterbox, Skat impellar, bored nozzle, etc...) except that it did not have any internal engine work and it was reliable and I never found it to be slow or boring.

I sold that ski years ago and now want another one, but I'm temped to go with something even more powerful this time around. That is why I was looking at this ski on eBay, but I'm worried that it is going to be unreliable and/or need to run on race gas, and overall just something that is on the stand getting worked on more than doing what it should be doing, carrying my butt around on the river / lake.

What do you guys think. I would like advise on this ski. I currently own a superjet and want a 750 again.

cool set up, but probably not for the riding you're looking for.

you can probably find an old 750 for half (or less) than what that thing is going for and still have money to make it faster. You will probably be wrenching more than riding.
you might consider a cheaper 750 and then just mod an 800 motor to make it as fast as you want...

(just a suggestion):wiggle:

I rode a SXR and it isn't what I want. As stated above, I've owned a 750sx in the past, I sold it, and wish that never did.

I'd like to get another 750sx sxi but this time around, I'd like to go with something a little faster than what I had last time, and last time it was still a very fast ski (for me).

However, I want something that is going to be low mainenance and reliable. I don't know which direction to take right now.

I guess I need to get on the phone with some engine builders and see what they recommend.

I read a some on groupK's website but haven't done much more research besides that.

Any recommendations on engine builders.

stanton

High on jetskis.
I rode a SXR and it isn't what I want. As stated above, I've owned a 750sx in the past, I sold it, and wish that never did.

I'd like to get another 750sx sxi but this time around, I'd like to go with something a little faster than what I had last time, and last time it was still a very fast ski (for me).

However, I want something that is going to be low mainenance and reliable. I don't know which direction to take right now.

I guess I need to get on the phone with some engine builders and see what they recommend.

I read a some on groupK's website but haven't done much more research besides that.

Any recommendations on engine builders.

you need to look at another brand, yamahas are solid.
dont kill the messenger:jester:

Ottis

lamey powered
I wouldn't mess with a heavy modified ex race boat, you will likley wrench more than you will ride. I say keep the sj and find a 750 (you should find them at resonable) and do a limited mods, pipe,head,intake,prop and jetting. you would have a reliable ski and still have the sj to fall back on. Give the sj more time, once you get use to it, you may not want to go back

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
I'd pass on this one. Seems very expensive. You can pick up a nice one for much less cash, spend a grand or less and be happy with reliability, which I think this one doesn't have. I'm a 750 guy also, the below ski rips pretty good with; wiesco pistons, milled head, Factory pipe, top loader intake grate, WW short cone, bored nozzle and Skat Trak prop. Group K did a lot of the work, I was pleased with them. I do the same lake riding as you.

---

Last edited:
Top Bottom