complete list of pipes for the superjet

Running a limited class (which allows dry pipes) I wouldn't waste time on anything other than a dry pipe (any of the 2002' era race pipes), RD pipe, or the Mach 2.

Req

While I may not have any frame of reference as its the only pipe I have ran I may be able to add a pipe to the list that fits with some massaging. It may be a good alternative for a cheater pipe and in some situations may be better than the standard Coffman Sizzler due to its larger chamber size.

The 650sx Coffman Sizzler can be made to fit. Of course you have to use a Yamaha manfold but everything after that can be rigged to work using the 650sx parts.

Things that are different.
The chamber seems to have two additional rings making the center section two inches longer. Power may be lower in the rpm range. The stinger nipple must be ran inverted due to the different taper of the pipe, raising the stinger location and out-boarding it to the proper location. Tank must be dented or run a cart tank. The mounting tab to the manifold may not line up however I have had no issues running it cut off (previous owner) and the pipe holds together fine it seems.

Things that are the same.
Overall design. Light weight. Gaskets and couplers. Ease of installation (once modded). Bling factor. Possibly power delivery if two rings are cut off to make it the same length as the superjet pipe.

Again, I have nothing to compare this pipe too however I am happy with it in my setup (61x/62t, ada head @170, Concord big hub 9/15)

20180408_140233[1].jpg20180706_153350_HDR.jpg
20180331_112633[1].jpg

Last edited:
Speedwerx Race Pipe

I have the Speedwerx race version pipe (there has been no input for it yet on the list) and it has loads of power all across the range. It sounds sick! ...like a YZ250 dirtbike on the water. The top end seems to have no end, I get into hull seeking and chine walk well before I hit and maintain max RMPs and have to shut it down...taking a spill at those speeds is not fun, this pipe learned me that a few times already. I learn...slowly :shrug: It was easy to install and is solidly built with no cracking or splitting of mounts or welds. I used a piece of exhaust hose for a boat as a coupler with no issues of popping off or cutting. No issues with clogging or alignment...no issues at all! It will never be put up for sale again as it has earned a permanent home here.

*Edit*
I also noticed that there is no mention of the cheater pipe. Personally I found that when on a budget this pipe was a really nice improvement over the stock set-up. Very reliable, very light (about 8lbs or less), nothing about them that can really go wrong such as welds or cracking, and a good all around power improvement when comparing to stock. For the power gains they offer in relation to their affordability and when a person is on a very limited budget, I would give them a :biggthumpup:
Any pictures of the two pipes to compare the Speedwerx freestyle and Speedwerx race? Just picked up a ski yesterday with a Speedwerx pipe my first Speedwerx, and I agree with u how it feels like the top end never ends!

No pics from me, the freestyle pipe was a very limited production run. I personally have never seen one. All I can remember about their description is that there is very little difference in appearance but the install is a little more tricky because the manifold portion sits closer to the e-box. Our forum ninjaneer @SuperJETT managed to get his hands on one if I remember correctly though, he might be able to shed some light on the differences and may have a photo or two.

Quick add, make sure you pay close attention to the install on your pipe. If you have to force it to line up to the lord mounts then it will need some exit tube modification and/or slotting where the lord mounts bolt on to the pipe. My pipe has already been slotted but the exit tube needs to be cut off, a piece cut out on an angle, and re-welded to address the hull appropriately. When I ran it I had to force the lord mount a little bit on the flywheel cover to line up with the hole on the pipe, turns out the exit tube was pressing down on the engine bay floor just slightly enough putting pressure on the pipe. I thought this was normal having no experience with a dry pipe before. The end result was my manifold spigot with the 2 o-rings, snapped off from hard landings. The pipe is currently a wall hanger until I get around to having it repaired.

Last edited:
No pics from me, the freestyle pipe was a very limited production run. I personally have never seen one. All I can remember about their description is that there is very little difference in appearance but the install is a little more tricky because the manifold portion sits closer to the e-box. Our forum ninjaneer @SuperJETT managed to get his hands on one if I remember correctly though, he might be able to shed some light on the differences and may have a photo or two.

Quick add, make sure you pay close attention to the install on your pipe. If you have to force it to line up to the lord mounts then it will need some exit tube modification and/or slotting where the lord mounts bolt on to the pipe. My pipe has already been slotted but the exit tube needs to be cut off, a piece cut out on an angle, and re-welded to address the hull appropriately. When I ran it I had to force the lord mount a little bit on the flywheel cover to line up with the hole on the pipe, turns out the exit tube was pressing down on the engine bay floor just slightly enough putting pressure on the pipe. I thought this was normal having no experience with a dry pipe before. The end result was my manifold spigot with the 2 o-rings, snapped off from hard landings. The pipe is currently a wall hanger until I get around to having it repaired.
Hard landing in the surf or just a wake from a lake? Mine was all installed and built when I got it the guy I got it from says he has been running it for a year with no issues.

A bit of everything. We don't get huge surf up here. The best I've seen was about 12 foot waves but this is also one of the great lakes so they have been recorded as bigger. The pipe did last me about 2 seasons though before it broke. If you blow couplers every couple of weeks or months, check its alignment lol

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Another one!

GMT Exhaust from Russia.
exhaust.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

And for us Canadian folk, when you could buy said affordable pipe, stuff it in a 2'x2'x3' box and pay about $40 for the shipping. Now an 8"x8"x36" box is darn near $80 USD...for us that's almost $120 CAD :mad:

Top Bottom