Custom/Hybrid conversion ski need input

WAB

salty nuts
After a while, trying to 'make it work' is not as fun and more like work, whatever it is. Lots of us have been down that road, at least its a leaning experience. :ugh2:
Your best idea in this thread so far was to rock the 440 for now and save up some $$ to buy something bigger & better.

Keep a lookout for a super cheap Yamaha Raider, VXR Pro, waveblaster, etc. something with a 700 or 760 motor for donor motor & parts. They pop up sometimes for a few hundred on Craigslist...... If you can get one for $500ish & resell the trailer for $200, you're off to a good start.
If you gots NO money to dump into it, you're in the wrong sport. :)
Good luck!

After a while, trying to 'make it work' is not as fun and more like work, whatever it is. Lots of us have been down that road, at least its a leaning experience. :ugh2:
Your best idea in this thread so far was to rock the 440 for now and save up some $$ to buy something bigger & better.

Keep a lookout for a super cheap Yamaha Raider, VXR Pro, waveblaster, etc. something with a 700 or 760 motor for donor motor & parts. They pop up sometimes for a few hundred on Craigslist...... If you can get one for $500ish & resell the trailer for $200, you're off to a good start.
If you gots NO money to dump into it, you're in the wrong sport. :)
Good luck!

heed this warning.....WAB only posts on the intarweb so he doesnt have to buy pencils and paper!

haha 98gti. i still say i was that fastest on the lake with that ol piece. and im not one of those people thats constantly worried about if i can get my money back out of what i put into it. i could care less how much i put in a ski it just might take me a while. fun isnt cheap

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
Corky,

I'm sorry if you feel like we're being tough on you on pwctoday. But, Terry (WFO) has been doing CRAZY conversions like this for YEARS and has learned the hard way what works and what doesn't. Your idea is just too much work for the cost and benefit you would get out of the project.

I would suggest like others have said, find a used squarenose and go from there. I started with a 650 SN and upgraded it with parts that I knew would switch over to a 701. Eventually, my ability exceeded what the 650 was capable of and I upgraded to a 701. But that was after I had reinforced, swapped the pole and done every other cheap/easy mod I could.

You should try and find a member on here, I'll try and look up his screen name (his name is Byron) cause he posted in the LSFR section and showed up to the ride. But I know he's in KS and rides with Chad. Pretty sure both of those guys would be more than happy to let you try a superjet and get you hooked.

Believe me, once your ride a superjet you'll drop messing with 440s real quick.

Edit: Bryon's name on here is bobo729. He's a good dude, give him a shout.
As a side note, I once spent 2 weeks in Coffeyville working at the refinery. Almost got struck by lightning while I was there... true story, lol.

Last edited:
yeah im sure if i actually got to ride one and feel the power it would get me to start trying harder to get one. but iv never seen any around here. iv met one guy that has a 750 x2 and a stock 650. i rode the 750. other than that i talked to a guy with a 750sxi, it was all aftermarket set up for freestyle but we towed him in lol. had a siezed engine

Top Bottom