Cornbread's 08 SJ Build **Updated (Finally)***

cornbread40

Livin' the Dream!!!
As far as handling i have been searching around threads here to see what guys have done since the 08 is different. i havent really found anything that most would agree on. it seems as the aftermarket is catching up bc i am now noticing plates and grates designed for 08+, so for now i am gonna leave it stock til some others spend the money to find the best setup!!!!

cornbread40

Livin' the Dream!!!
anyways back to cornbread build,,, good luck ill be watching

Thanks man, just put 2nd layer of glass down as well as reinforced tray ( hold to hold). Gotta wait for it to cure then i will throw down the 2nd layer on foam holes and safety tail spray hole.

Then it will be on to mat and turf (Not looking forward to this at all):thumbsdown::rolleyes:

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Thanks man, just put 2nd layer of glass down as well as reinforced tray ( hold to hold). Gotta wait for it to cure then i will throw down the 2nd layer on foam holes and safety tail spray hole.

Then it will be on to mat and turf (Not looking forward to this at all):thumbsdown::rolleyes:

take your time when you turf...

i think its best to turf with two people... do the two gunwales, then bottom, then dash last.

Bluegtate and I based our turfing technique from onesojourner's how to turf without seams thread. He uses rods b/c he was by himself, but if you have a second person, their hands kinda act like the rods.

and here are our latest results...

http://www.x-h2o.com/showpost.php?p=546321&postcount=99

cornbread40

Livin' the Dream!!!
I got some more things done while the site was down. Fixed and finished glass, reinforced tray hold to hold, foamed and rough cut undermat and layed out (formed to my feet with 25mm Plush) and then standard in holds to fit my feet and shoes. Got to sand up the edges for smooth transition between thicknesses and then glue down (might get it done tonight). Here are some pics.

Attachments

• Imported Photos 00298.jpg
    Imported Photos 00298.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Imported Photos 00303.jpg
    Imported Photos 00303.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Imported Photos 00305.jpg
    Imported Photos 00305.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Imported Photos 00306.jpg
    Imported Photos 00306.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 83

cornbread40

Livin' the Dream!!!
My First Turf Job

So i finished up the turf in the tray (still gotta do rails). I am thinkin and hopin its gonna be a lot less aggrevating. Ended up doin it all myself (HotdadefJeff kept coming up with other chit to do around his house). What do you guys think?

Im gonna knock the rails out tonite then move on to fittin in the cakers fronty tomorrow.

Then its on to the engine compartment!!!!! More my style of work.

Attachments

• Imported Photos 00310.jpg
    Imported Photos 00310.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Imported Photos 00311.jpg
    Imported Photos 00311.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Imported Photos 00312.jpg
    Imported Photos 00312.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Imported Photos 00314.jpg
    Imported Photos 00314.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Imported Photos 00309.jpg
    Imported Photos 00309.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 51

cornbread40

Livin' the Dream!!!
Great Pad and turf Job !!!!! :bigeyes::djsmilie:
Thanks Pete, i was seriously worried, it took a few cold beverages to gew the nerve to attack by myself for the first time!!!!!
Got some goodies in the mail yesterday. I love it, the pipe head matches my granite!!!!!:Banane09::Banane09::Banane09:

Attachments

• Imported Photos 00317.jpg
    Imported Photos 00317.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Imported Photos 00318.jpg
    Imported Photos 00318.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

cornbread40

Livin' the Dream!!!
Finally got motivated to get back in the garage now that the weather is startin to get better and finish this build.

Installed Pancakes FFH, MSD Enhancer, b pipe, ADA head, halfway done with fuel and cooling lines (waitin on FCV and jets and springs) to finish carbs and cooling.

Stuff is coming tomorrow, should be done and ready to ride on Sunday!!!!! Got my new wetsuit in that actually fit, lake temp is 48 right now

Attachments

• Imported Photos 00327.jpg
    Imported Photos 00327.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Imported Photos 00328.jpg
    Imported Photos 00328.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Imported Photos 00329.jpg
    Imported Photos 00329.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 92
Top Bottom