Could anyone tell me what parts are in these pics?

HarryConnolly

Site Supporter
Anyone know what parts are on this ski and is it worth 4K?

Attachments

• 4B9B60AB-277C-4B99-8680-473BCA74EB7D.jpeg
    4B9B60AB-277C-4B99-8680-473BCA74EB7D.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 17EF6CED-37F5-472F-94BF-6F1087656EC2.jpeg
    17EF6CED-37F5-472F-94BF-6F1087656EC2.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 76
  • C02C7CD4-30AA-4610-9B85-C974AF9277D0.jpeg
    C02C7CD4-30AA-4610-9B85-C974AF9277D0.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 74
  • ADAD5327-1F6B-4BEA-BABF-74F007ACEC4D.jpeg
    ADAD5327-1F6B-4BEA-BABF-74F007ACEC4D.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 75
Looks like a ‘96-‘07 RN SJ with an aftermarket lowered hood, nose piece & pole bracket. Also has an ADA girdled high comp head, factory pipe dry pipe, hot products flame arrestors, some kind of extended ride plate, Blowsion finger throttle & chin pad, aftermarket bars & grips.

$4k would be a great deal in my area.

Damn, 123 didn’t miss much! I thought that was a RIVA dry pipe but either way, seems like a decent deal. I’d hit it

Also, try to get a few more detailed engine bay pics and maybe pics of the pump tunnel and box.

HarryConnolly

Site Supporter
Looks like a ‘96-‘07 RN SJ with an aftermarket lowered hood, nose piece & pole bracket. Also has an ADA girdled high comp head, factory pipe dry pipe, hot products flame arrestors, some kind of extended ride plate, Blowsion finger throttle & chin pad, aftermarket bars & grips.

$4k would be a great deal in my area.
It’s the only one I’ve found not cut up

I am going to take a look!

Thanks

Better pipe for racing. I don`t think the issue is so much power with the pipe, but more maintenance. The b-pipe and coffman sizzler are small fairly lightweight pipes so they don`t tend to try and shift around as much as some of the larger heavier pipes therefore they tend to break less when you start tossing the ski around. If you check out pics of the skis from back at the start of freestyle there were people running all kinds of different pipes. After years of everyone running b-pipes they started making lay-down pipes......which is similar in size but not packaging to that pipe. You may need a larger nozzle and lower pitch prop to get optimum holeshot but I wouldn`t say its a bad pipe for that ski.

I would say thats a good deal on price, I haven`t paid a lot of attention to RN`s, but SN`s by me were at least 1k for trashed stuff if it was assembled in the shape of a ski, I think RN`s used to start around 2500 pre covid. That being said the ski market is weird for the last few years. 5-6 years ago I had a early 90s 650 SN that was one of the cleanest SN`s I have seen yet that I couldn`t sell for $1750. For the last few years I have been seeing people list SN`s in the midwest for 2500-4500 and most were not nearly as nice as the one I sold. I have seen people asking 2000+ for kawasaki 650sx`s that I never thought would be worth more than 1500. Covid drove prices through the roof on some skis. The stock skis went crazy, so crazy that I have seen a bunch of superjets with higher asking prices, or really close to the same as some of the less in demand carbon fiber aftermarket skis with similar motors.

Myself

manic mechanic
For some reason, there seems to be a resurgance of stand up skis. From my observation, it looks very similar to what's happening in the minitruck world. All of a sudden people WANT these things that you almost had to give away 5 years ago.

Is this pipe better for racing or freestyle? Looks like racing from my googling
Great for power but as G-Body said more for racing. I've had one and it was very fun- pulls in the mid to upper rpms like a classic 2 stroke hit you get on a non powervalve dirtbike almost.

The installation and removal though... man by the 4th or 5th time I was done with it and willing to pay inflated bpipe prices lol. The water jacket is also a liability if you don't purge it of water in colder weather. I had mine freeze and split the outer jacket and from there on out I was chasing leaks every few months- and I could fix them myself but that didn't stop them from propagating into new leaks.

A wet pipe version of that pipe (with water injection) would be very interesting but i don't think anyone has done that yet.

If you just get that ski as is and ride it - you're gonna love it. If you wanna dork around trying to make it a 'freestyle' ski you're gonna be frustrated.

I couldn’t tell much difference between those dry pipes and a B. If you want good response bore the nozzle and bend the impeller until you get there.

Top Bottom