Blaster Cover

ErieOne

Great Lakes
I have a red and yellow OEM one that I found used, but it still has the purple trim and vents, although you hardly notice it. The cover's shown in this pic here. I have a Jet Tribe cover for my SJ and I've been happy with it. TripleTrailer2.jpg

I've got the stock red/yellow cover, the Gen 1 Jet Tribe, the Gen 2 Jet Tribe and the Slippery Cover and I hate them all. The Jet Tribe covers are the nicest, but when using any of them I always get some type of wear on my Blaster. I've tried making it tighter, looser, everything imaginable and nothing stops minor "rubbing" damage from occurring. I go without a cover when trailering except on long trips when I've driving at night and the bugs beat everything worse than the covers. I'd rate them Jet Tribe - 1, Stock - 2, and Slippery - 3.

If you're looking for just a cover to protect them while sitting outside when it's not getting trailered, go with a cheap one because any of the other 3 more expensive ones will fade and go bad just as quickly as the cheap ones (i'd rather throw out a $80 cover every two years vs a $170 one).

Just my $0.02

I read that the Jet Tribe ones are really good. Any feed back on those?

I have Jet Tribe blaster covers and they are the only ones I will buy from now on! Best cover I have ever seen. I also have a Slippery cover which I don't hate, but the Jet Tribe covers are much thicker and better quality.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am mostly looking for just sitting outside but some trailering also. I think I will order two Jet Tribe ones tomorrow.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
I have a new jettribe cover i'm not happy with. Had to cut down rental bars just to make it fit and they arnt extended bars. I have JAM sponsons on the rear and the cover will not stay on. I also have gone through a ton of buckles as they keep breaking due to how tight of a fit. Its a nice quality but i think mine might have just been stitched undersized a bit. The cover is so tight it leaves impressions in the paint... good luck

I have a new jettribe cover i'm not happy with. Had to cut down rental bars just to make it fit and they arnt extended bars. I have JAM sponsons on the rear and the cover will not stay on. I also have gone through a ton of buckles as they keep breaking due to how tight of a fit. Its a nice quality but i think mine might have just been stitched undersized a bit. The cover is so tight it leaves impressions in the paint... good luck

Agree with that 100%...it's not just your cover, the two I have are the same. I struggle to get it pulled to the back over the rear corners and leaves the same "seem" impressions and rubs the end of the handlebars (stock) down.

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
I also have the jet tribe cover for mine. It does a good job. The entire thing has faded but thats better than my paint and turf fading. Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 4

I bought the jet tribe cover. It looks and feels like good quality but I could never get it over my bars. I have the 701 quick steer with renthal fat bars. They are the cr high bend with 2.5" inches cut off them. Eventually planning on taking the cover to a seemstress make a little wider to fit the bars. Until then a blue tarp from walmart is working fine

Well I went to order the Jet Tribe today and Hot Products told my dealer not to sell it to me if I have aftermarket bars because it won't fit. So I called Jet Tribe and they say it is only made for stock bars. Who the hell is running stock bars?! I have Blowsion bars I believe they call them run about bars. Any one have them and a cover?

I checked out a friends slippery today, it seemed terrible. Way thicker and heavier than necessary, and I could not get it to stretch over both sides around the bar area. Seems stock is the only way to go and good luck getting them now.

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
I havent tried so put my jet tribe cover on since i changed out my bars. Bars might come off and sit in the foot area while being stored over winter time if it doesnt fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 4

Hey any one that is interested in a good quality cover I am getting two made by a local upholstery shop who does a lot of work on my family's antique and classic cars. Also she has done the seats in my pick up. I am %100 confident they will come out as good as OEM Yamaha. I gave her a my old OEM one as a pattern and she can get the same exact material to make it from. If you interested I can probably get you any color combo for $200 with shipping. Let me know quick she is making mine in about a week and it would be best to have them all made at one time.

Top Bottom