SXR cracked pole and aftermarket pole question

i bought this ski in march. yesterday was my first ride in salt. I dont even feel as if i rode the thing that hard and its already got 2 rather large hairline cracks on the top of the pole near the steering. wtf. what do you guys suggest. i was looking into an a/m pole only because i know it would happen eventually, but i didnt think it was gonna happen this soon ! this ski has maybe 5 hours on it !!! shoudl i go with warranty claim or not even waste my time. i think the stock pole is junk and it will happen maybe in my 2nd salt ride.

1. oem pole thru warranty
2. AC sj pole. i like the sj pole, is it a direct fit? i hear blowsion sells the bushings to bolt right up. what about the steering cable bracket i hear about ?
3. AC kawi pole. probably the easiest replacement, but big, bulky and ugly
4. RRP pole. damn nice but damn expensive.
5. team scream pole ?? does it bolt up to stock kawi bracket or do i need their bracket ??? how difficult is the install if i need their bracket.

WET BOX

STL Crew
I run a stock RN pole. It is stronger than stock kawi and lighter than most AM poles. The cable is the hardest part to deal with, but not too bad. Don't bother with stock pole replacement, it happens to all of them when ridden with any sort of authority.

I'll post up some pics if I get some time.

Later

I wouldnt bother with the warranty claim. I tried dealing with that when I bought one of my SXRs....Kawi is very unresponsive and useless in helping, at least in my experience.

Texan33

Yacht Wakes Hunter
I love my X-metal pole and RRP steering system on my SXR. I can type you down on how to install the x-metal pole into the sxr. There will be a couple of things you will have to do but it ain't that bad.
IMG_0346.jpg

Last edited:
i was about to pull the trigger on a -2 black AC kawi pole (new) only because its the cheapest and simplest to carry all my pieces over. now i am about the pull the trigger on the xmetal thanks to you guys.

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
If you want to do an RRP, you can start off with your stock/OEM Kawi bracket, then upgrade to an aftermarket bracket later if you want (thus keeping the initial price lower). If your interested in doing an RRP, you can basically get into one for around $930 if you can find a cheap round nose chinpad or other used aftermarket pad.

Hit me up if your interested in an RRP, I am happy to help!

Thanks!
Mike@OptimaRacing.com
AnodizedOptions.jpgGalloway1.jpg001.JPG

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 33

Texan33

Yacht Wakes Hunter
please do if not too much trouble :biggrin:

Sure, I can do that but it'll have to wait until tomorrow night. I got to study for two tests tomorrow in the morning. Five-week summer classes suck especially when you are studying mechanical engineering! I'll pm you the write-up with pics.

Sure, I can do that but it'll have to wait until tomorrow night. I got to study for two tests tomorrow in the morning. Five-week summer classes suck especially when you are studying mechanical engineering! I'll pm you the write-up with pics.
Dont kill me. Last minute decision put on the ac ill post pics up shortly

everything converts over from stock. i bought absolutely nothing with the exception of a new shock pad for the pole ($17 bucks shipped). reason being the ac pole will hit the hood since its flat rather than rounded like stock.

I run a stock RN pole. It is stronger than stock kawi and lighter than most AM poles. The cable is the hardest part to deal with, but not too bad. Don't bother with stock pole replacement, it happens to all of them when ridden with any sort of authority.

I'll post up some pics if I get some time.

Later
Did you run the shorter '08+ or an earlier version? What kind of steering cable or adaptor?
Thanks.

Top Bottom