Crank seal question

Crank seals

The crank seals fall out usually for (2) reasons.. You put the rear one in backwards.. OR most likely they are aftermarket crank seals, and although they look the same they arent an exact copy. The Yamaha crankcases have a slight taper, and this somehow matches the OEM seals exactly..

There are other reasons, and I'm sure the members will contribute, but the damaged seals I have seen are always from these two reasons... OEM is best!

Randy

Phill

v Check out Little Matt_E
I think that's what you told me when I bought these from you last year.

Looks like Matt told me to put them in wrong:wall:

You gonna get out on the water this weekend Randy?

Phill

Looks like I will need more than a crank seal:banghead::banghead:.

I pulled it apart this morning and saw a little pile of metal flakes and started turning the crank and heard a little clanking sound..... Looks like I get to rebuild another motor this year:banghead::banghead:

So far it doesnt look like the cylinders are messed up but I can only see so much from the bottom.....

Attachments

• 00013.jpg
    00013.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 45

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Like I told you to put the pistons in the wrong way, too? :fingersx:

Out of the pure goodness of my heart, I got a crank you can use.

For a slight fee.

I believe you still owe me money, too.

Phill

I think I need to stop asking you for advice on how to work on my ski....But then I guess I won't have anyone to blame when things go wrong...

Not sure about owing you money.....I do seem to forget things like that though...

The crank seals fall out usually for (2) reasons.. You put the rear one in backwards.. OR most likely they are aftermarket crank seals, and although they look the same they arent an exact copy. The Yamaha crankcases have a slight taper, and this somehow matches the OEM seals exactly..

There are other reasons, and I'm sure the members will contribute, but the damaged seals I have seen are always from these two reasons... OEM is best!

Randy

I have an engine sitting on the bench right now from exactly that....

just remember,

TITS OUT! :biggthumpup:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Another thing to remember: Don't listen to the top poster. He's obviously got time for nothing but keyboard cowboy mickey mouse bullsh!t

Top Bottom