Super Jet cylinder compression issue

Ok after I fixed the damaged head bolts threads, I still have the same cylinder compression 110 which supposed to be 180.

Any advices? Am struggling with this ski.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
Those bores are toast man, all of your cross hatch pattern is gone. The crosshatch is what keeps a film of oil between your rings and cylinder wall, reducing wear and aiding in sealing. I can only imagine what your rings look like.

Id ditch that 701 62t cylinder for a 61x and replace those 38cc 760 (why are 760 domes on a 701?) domes with 35cc 701 domes to get the 180 psi. compression you want.

Last edited:
Those bores are toast man, all of your cross hatch pattern is gone. The crosshatch is what keeps a film of oil between your rings and cylinder wall, reducing wear and aiding in sealing. I can only imagine what your rings look like.

Id ditch that 701 62t cylinder for a 61x and replace those 38cc 760 (why are 760 domes on a 701?) domes with 35cc 701 domes to get the 180 psi. compression you want.
The rings looks fine to me.
I had to install 85mm pistons when i saw that the sleeves bore is 85.1mm. The ski was doing fine but i had some fuel and carburator issues and then after i fixed them, the compression issue appeared.

Do i have to keep using 701 parts and sizes and this cylinder???

Am thinking to install 785 sleeves on this cylinder (62T). Can it happen?

I have a question.
Is there a 701 62T and 760 62T cylinder ?
As I found. (62T-Y1) is for 701 and (62T-Y2) is for 760. is that right??

If I have a plan to intall 86mm pistons on the current cylinder, what are the steps I should go through?
BTW, I prefer a racing setup on my ski.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
I think you need to open a beer and read the whole tread again. Many people have pointed you in the right direction but your attention span makes me feel like your a dog getting distracted by squirrels.

I did all of the recommended steps except replacing the sleeves.
I have a question.

Can I use 64X cylinder on 62T case that I have? and what are the mods I have to do with the 64X cylinder if there is any??

Top Bottom