Super Jet Cylinder Compression

JPCharmin

just order him a turd
So i ended up getting one of those fake ADA heads awhile back and ran it all last summer. I believe i had close to 180 psi in each cylinder.. As soon as i found out that it was fake i replaced the head and domes with genuine ADA products (35cc on a 701), i went and bought a new compression gauge at oreilleys and hit each cylinder with it. It came out to a dead even 160 on each.. wth is it so low? I didn't receive a new o-ring with the new head so i ran the old one, which looked a little squished but nothing too major, i felt content in running it.. Do i have a blown gasket or something?

Last edited:

JPCharmin

just order him a turd
Did u raise exhaust ports or any mods on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Other than changing the head, i cleaned the carbs and replaced diaphrams and o-rings but didnt mess with needles/seats/jetting, replaced high tension reeds with low tension ones, light flywheel, light coupler, jss coil, ballistic battery and a hooker.. nothing to the exhaust or case outside of the flywheel and head/domes. It wont idle now either, but that probably wouldn't have anything to do with the compression?

Last edited:

JPCharmin

just order him a turd
well i can always adjust the idle screws but just havent yet, the real problem is the compression if im not mistaken it should be 185 for 35cc domes?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I would test it with a snap on or equivalent gauge before I got too excited. I have a cheap Advance Auto gauge that reads 20lbs lighter than my snap on.

Snap on compression gauges are not near as expensive as you may think. I picked mine up new for $85 with a case and 2 adapters.

Last edited:

JPCharmin

just order him a turd
I would test it with a snap on or equivalent gauge before I got too excited. I have a cheap Advance Auto gauge that reads 20lbs lighter than my snap on.

Snap on compression gauges are not near as expensive as you may think. I picked mine up new for $85 with a case and 2 adapters.

i should have known better than to buy a cheap gauge

JPCharmin

just order him a turd
check this out i went and bought a craftsman compression gauge and that started at 160 in each cyl (same as before), i kept on the start button and it inched its way up to 170 in each cyl. put the plugs back in and it fired right up and idles now... weird..

I have a MAC tools gauge and jus the opposite happened to me. Fires up and idles fine. Pull the plugs to check compression and plug gap again and now starts hard and had to bump up the idle. JSS coil also

Fake....real....whats the big deal?....sounds like it had the same proformance...ran it all summer....180 psi. Can I buy your fake? $20+shipping, after all it is a peice of junk fake.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
You cannot campare compression gauges. By switching gauges you killed your baseline test results. You have to check old and new head with same gauge. I only use mine for comparison differences, the numbers mean nothing. I have a very accurate gauge, meaning it always reads consistent at 145 psi on my motor, the other gauge reads 185. They are both wrong, but both cosistent. I dont care which gauge i use, I just have to make sure I use the same one each time.

Top Bottom