D Cut a Blaster Ride Plate?

EvanB85

Team Poseur
Does the D Cut concept transfer over to the Blaster hull as well? I'm about 99% sure nobody actually manufactures one, but that's more of a supply/demand issue.

Anyone have any insight?

butti

lone wolf
i didnt like it at all.it didnt seem to steer better at all and the ski felt a little sluggish

Attachments

• DSC00797.JPG
    DSC00797.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 39

EvanB85

Team Poseur
JetSkier79...it's Jerry right?

Do you just run a stock plate in the surf then? I don't think there is a shortened plate out there on the market.

My buddy is heading out to the coast with me next month and he's starting from scratch with his blaster. He's convinced he needs a new plate, intake grate, impeller, etc.

I figure start with a Worx 201, I guess leave the stock ride plate, and start looking for an impeller. He's all stock right now.

jetskier79

I'm goin' for two
Yeah, it's Jerry.

I run a stock plate in the surf. I like to be able to slide the arse out more than most extended blaster plates like to let you.

I will say, after riding Tim's blaster in Daytona, I think a 13/17 or so is the way to go on the impeller.

extreemthrottle

freeride junkie
for surf riding, a good scoop grate on the b-1 is a must. it really helps keep it hooked up. i kept the stock prop on mine for now, and it seems just fine for the surf. i was told the the blaster prop is one of the best ones yamaha ever made for bottom end. btw i only ride in the surf. washington huh. man, just thinking how cold that water is and i get shrinkage!! more power to ya!!

butti

lone wolf
for surf riding, a good scoop grate on the b-1 is a must. it really helps keep it hooked up. i kept the stock prop on mine for now, and it seems just fine for the surf. i was told the the blaster prop is one of the best ones yamaha ever made for bottom end. btw i only ride in the surf. washington huh. man, just thinking how cold that water is and i get shrinkage!! more power to ya!!

a 13/16 or 17 swirl is a huge improvment over the stock impeller

EvanB85

Team Poseur
I roll with a layer of Under Armour, and then just my Jetpilot Flight john and Flight jacket. I think the john suit is only a 3/2. It worked just fine on the lake in January. And damn... I look good too.

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
Can anyone give me a template, or directions on how to D cut the stock ride plate? I don't wanna screw this up, but I do have an extended pro tec ride plate on it now. I only want it for surf, and I was told the D cut keeps the nose up when riding the top of a curl. Any insight or help on the template?

coffee can or gallon paint can works good for to trace out the cut....then just grab your cutting tool of choice and go to town.

Top Bottom