D-cutting an old rideplate

750SX

DO IT
Use a 3 inch radius. I used a 3 inch protractor and it was a perfect d. I did like California and made the edges at 1/2. It works great! I love the way it turns and jumps.

The Penguin

triple secret probation
done!

just need a bit of JB Weld to fill in the holes from the old stock siphon bilge.

can't wait to try it out!

Attachments

• d-cut.jpg
    d-cut.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
i cant beleive it.

that looks LESS symmetrical than mine, and I drank all the beer and cut mine with an angle grinder.

Youll like the way it handles though.
I LOVE my cut stock plate..

done!

just need a bit of JB Weld to fill in the holes from the old stock siphon bilge.

can't wait to try it out!

Catzass_fireman

Yes I'm a noob!!
I used a plastic coffee can to lay out my d-cut, seem to be ok. I had an extra ride plate. SOO I read all I could about this procedure, and the thread about what to use to cut it. I decided to try my jig saw with a metal blade. After laying it out I started cutting it. It cut like butter. It looked great. I was all puffed up and proud of myself. THEN....I realized I had d-cut the WRONG end. ****&&^(*&)_(&)( , so I took it to the local welding shop and had them weld the d back in. and I then cut the right end. I got to try the new and improved plate this week-end I like it. It seams to me it has eliminated some of my high speed porpousing(sp) almost like adjusting the trim, and I can carve a little better without the rear of the ski sliding out.

The Penguin

triple secret probation
wow...you did measure twice & cut once - coolio

I even went to Wal-mart (ugh, but I needed 1 other thing there anyway) and bought a compass to make sure I got a 3" dia. circle.

of course as soon as I got home I found 3 compasses in a box upstairs. oh well, I guess I'll take it to the office. :biggrin:

I used a plastic coffee can to lay out my d-cut, seem to be ok. I had an extra ride plate. SOO I read all I could about this procedure, and the thread about what to use to cut it. I decided to try my jig saw with a metal blade. After laying it out I started cutting it. It cut like butter. It looked great. I was all puffed up and proud of myself. THEN....I realized I had d-cut the WRONG end. ****&&^(*&)_(&)( , so I took it to the local welding shop and had them weld the d back in. and I then cut the right end. I got to try the new and improved plate this week-end I like it. It seams to me it has eliminated some of my high speed porpousing(sp) almost like adjusting the trim, and I can carve a little better without the rear of the ski sliding out.

uh oh, I better go and.....

Last edited:

gj_fx1

X-H2
Compass? I just freehanded mine, no reason it needs to b a perfect circle, just so its symmetric.

In any case round off the corners so you don't have a point to catch your shin on.

stanton

High on jetskis.
I even went to Wal-mart (ugh, but I needed 1 other thing there anyway) and bought a compass to make sure I got a 3" dia. circle.

of course as soon as I got home I found 3 compasses in a box upstairs. oh well, I guess I'll take it to the office. :biggrin:

uh oh, I better go and.....

thats a 6" dia home skillet

Top Bottom