Da FoxMod Hood. And other stuff.

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
Holy resin slop on the hood? You my friend have about a week worth of sanding and filling to make that ready for paint. Damn!

I mowed my sqaure hood in the past, not that badly but it was a fun project. Tough to get symmetrical I tell ya.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Got the motor in and everything. Tight fit now. i cant remove the battery without removing the pipe or the carbs.

Hood is basically finished now. Just need to glass in my hood liner which will go very quick. Will be riding for the first time in 2 months tommarow. Ski has undergone a huge change since then.

stock Hood -> Lightened / shortened
61x stuff -> Rad Flywheel & 62t electronics
Stock reeds -> Boysen Carbon reeds
single internal fuel pump -> Dual external fuel pumps metered at 3/6 psi
Skat 10-18 -> 13/16 -3mm solas concorde
nothin -> tubbies
Riva Red -> Blaster mod pipe

I think it will be fun day tommarow....

Though the pictures dont show it. The lines of the ski now make it look like an old PJS boat. Ill try to take a picture that shows it tommarow.

Attachments

• 100_2476.jpg
    100_2476.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_2480.jpg
    100_2480.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_2479.jpg
    100_2479.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_2478.jpg
    100_2478.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_2477.jpg
    100_2477.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
fox, ur a beast (4:22 AM!!!) burning the midnight oil huh? good luck with the ride. i like the hood. Wish i was that close. maybe in a couple of weeks.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
fox, ur a beast (4:22 AM!!!) burning the midnight oil huh? good luck with the ride. i like the hood.
Yea... I was to excited about riding today, I even actually dreamed about it. Well, the dream actually wasnt so much about riding as it was showing off to the hot chicks in bikinis that were on the dock on the lake. And then I wake up and its not even sunny. What a bunch of crap. As for you... Id say your a beast ( 8:13AM!!!) I didn't know people woke up that early.

Did you weigh that hood before and after ??

I havn't weighed it yet. There is still some more to be cut off the hood, and then more to be added with the hood liner but im sure it will stay around the same weight, my hood liner is going to be incredibly small. When I chopped out the white SMC liner I would say 1/2 the wieght of the hood was dropped. That chemical SMC stuff is sooo heavy. I cant figure out why kawasaki uses it

Cool fox!

What did you end up using over top of the kevlar?

Epoxy.... (?)

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Went out ridin today, I think PLD took a picture or two, but damn this thing has some brap now.

On a sad note... Because of my working in haste I forgot to resand the tubbies after I epoxied them off and I had a piece of kevlar rip off while riding because of bad bonding. :crutches:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Bad bonding?

You might try to figure out how that happened, and where else that happened on your hull.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
I epoxied on and painted over this tubbie and fully let it dry (the other side I applied kevlar while still wet). I then forgot to sand it. In my mind thats the absolute reason. Either way Ill probably chip as much off on this side as I can and start over on this one.

As for a nose piece. Ill either leave it without one, or glass on the stock one. not sure. Either way I dont care. No nose piece = less work and less weight.

Im not a big primadonna about looks.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Gettin used to the tubbies now. Really like how they ride. But I need to cut another 1" or 2" into my already D cut ocean pro.

Top Bottom