Other Dasa 850pv - which oil?

Frosty

New York Crew
I've been running AmsOil Dominator for several years in my previous motors. Is this ok to run in my brand new Dasa 850pv? or should I go with a different oil?

I use maxima 927 castor . I would much rather spend a little time cleaning oil out of powervalve caps than rebuilding a top end . I have found that pistons last a long time with 927 .

I run interceptor in everything from my turbo 800 ski doo to my 840 Dan lamey engine. Never had an issue. Then again you will never find anyone blowing up or damaging an engine because of the brand.

scotts2t

Head Woop!
I run a amsoil intercepter/dominator in everything. I dont have pv so the red gas is preferable and keeps peace of mind. If i had pv i would run intercepter. But valvoline works too.

Last edited:

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Im running quicksilver outboard oil.

One of the guys at work had a spare 5 gallons of it from his 2 stroke outboard kicking around and gave it to me. He switched to 4 stroke.

I ran that all last season with no issues.

XS 827 with powervalves

I use maxima 927 castor . I would much rather spend a little time cleaning oil out of powervalve caps than rebuilding a top end . I have found that pistons last a long time with 927 .

I switched from Amsoil to Castrol 927 when I was dirt biking.

I would rather clean and have the protection as well.

I will not run Amsoil again.

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
run a petro based oil until you seat the rings then switch to a good synthetic. Tuning is much easier when you can see the smoke too, IMO.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
What does DASA recommend to run with their PV's and their cylinders?

Top Bottom