Other Dasa 850pv - which oil?

Christian_83

Xscream
I had the excact same question, and wrote DASA.
This answer i got from Kyle was NOT to run castor oil, because it jams the power valve. Heres what he says
"After several hours of run time, the oil that dose not get burned and makes it way into the power valve area gets real sticky and causes the valve to travel slow or not at all.

Kyle
DASA Racing"

There is another guy at dasa whos last name ends in L that thinks 927 is great and says he would not run amsoil . Anyway , 927 is a castor / synthetic blend . Not straight castor .

Use what ever you want . As far as the 100 to 1 goes . There is no oil that is so good that you dont have to use any .
All research shows that hi revint 2 strokes need much more than that .

I had the excact same question, and wrote DASA.
This answer i got from Kyle was NOT to run castor oil, because it jams the power valve. Heres what he says
"After several hours of run time, the oil that dose not get burned and makes it way into the power valve area gets real sticky and causes the valve to travel slow or not at all.
Kyle
DASA Racing"

He is right on.... Here is a pic of the PV's in my bike after a season on Yamalube.. Piston came out A++ so no issues with the lube quality for non PV motors, but I was amassed of the amount of sticky residue that was left on the PV's..
IMG-20120408-00067.jpg

MAXIMA FORMULA K-2
100% Synthetic Polyester High Performance 2-Cycle Racing Premix Oil
Reduces Power Valve Maintenance
Prevents Rust, Oxidation, Ring Sticking And Carbon Build-Up
Premix Only In Any 2-Cycle Racing Machine
PART LOCATION
NUMBER CODE DESCRIPTION RETAIL
X22505 03017205 FORMULA-K2 SYNTH.PREMIX, 5-gal. 264.70
X22901 03001017 FORMULA K-2 SYNTH.PREMIX, LITER 15.65
X22916 03000548 FORMULA-K2 SYNTH.PREMIX, 16oz. 8.43
X2296403001889FORMULA-K2SYNTH.PREMIX,64oz.29.07SectionTire Apps.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I use Yama Lube on mine and I will concur that there is residue in the PV area, but it was not sticky at all, and the PVs were still operating like they should. Not recomending Yamalube for yours but it worked for mine. Heck Chucky was or still is recomending Quicksilver for their PVs.

Top Bottom