Freestyle dasa 950 pop off pressure help

spoto

wave slasher
hi all i have a dasa 950cc with powerfactor pipe using waterbox and 48novis .. when i ride around slow for a 30 seconds and go to nail it full throttle it chokes up like it is ritch .. the low end snap feels great amd i can not lean off the low speed jets anymore or it will start to idle up on the trailer and the high speed jets feel right where they are because if i lean or ritchen either way it goes worse ,, which leavs me to think it could be the pop off pressure being slightly to low ....... ? does any one know or can recomend a psi setting for my carbs .. or if anyone has any other suggestions ... thanks guys !!!!

spoto

wave slasher
i just want to gt opinions from evryone for now and see who is running what so i can try a few combos because all skis are diffrent in some way .. but thanks anyway

i have the same tweak as you with my 970 it wants to run away if i go lower on the low screws but if i hammer it from 1/4 throttle it bogs and or dies

spoto

wave slasher
yea nibe is the same unless i give it a real beat down on the throttle then it will clear out but idle around under 1/4 throttle for 30 sconds and there it is again bogging down when i go to reef the throttle, from what ive been told it is the pop off is a couple psi to low love to know if anyone else had played around with this and the results they got ....

2.3 and 95g or 2.0 and 95g on novi 48's for me using prök filters, and reverse jetting like 120 to 130 on low speed jet and 115 to 120 on high speed jet, depending on the engine.
But I use B pipe.....

Last edited:

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
hi all i have a dasa 950cc with powerfactor pipe using waterbox and 48novis .. when i ride around slow for a 30 seconds and go to nail it full throttle it chokes up like it is ritch .. the low end snap feels great amd i can not lean off the low speed jets anymore or it will start to idle up on the trailer and the high speed jets feel right where they are because if i lean or ritchen either way it goes worse ,, which leavs me to think it could be the pop off pressure being slightly to low ....... ? does any one know or can recomend a psi setting for my carbs .. or if anyone has any other suggestions ... thanks guys !!!!
Are you adjusting the low speed mixture screw or the low speed jet. It sounds to me that your trying to compensate for to big a low speed jet\ two low a pop off pressure by turning in the idle mixture screw. Try fitting a smaller low speed jet and then you will be able to feed more idle mixture fuel into it and get a big torque hit

Top Bottom