Super Jet Dasa PV - B pipe clearance? Two center bolts, possbile to mount???

Christian_83

Xscream
Hi all
Im trying to put a DASA 5mm stroker PV engine together, its a old style cast cylinder with old style PV.
I got a b pipe spacer to raise the head pipe. BUT i got another question/problem.
The 2 cetner upper bolts for the B pipe manifold (1 from each cylinder poiting towards the center) Are these possbile to mount?
I seems impossible to me, wittout disassbling the powervalve, wich cant be put back in when the manifold are mounted??
Can someone help me out here? :)
Ive put in a picture, to show one of the bolts, its hard to see - but hope i will show something.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1049.jpg
    IMG_1049.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 192

Christian_83

Xscream
The Factory B pipe manifold has 8 bolts to mount it towards the cylinder, 4 for each cylinder :)
The two upper middle bolts (one to each cylinder) seems to be covered by the power valve (its a little bicthy to tighen them with a stock cylinder allso, need to grind down a 12mm spanner to wrench them)
Its it possible to mount these 2 bolts, or are the left unmounted ?
Do you understand my question now? :)

Assuming you mean what i think you mean- Try switching back to OEM style bolt? with the hex style head/ cut down 12mm wrench? The bolt in the picture is not oem, and will be inaccessible while trying to assemble with an allen wrench.

Christian_83

Xscream
The bolt on the picture is from the powervalve mountin surface, its down below that bolt - that the manifold bolt should be, there isnt any bolt right now because i cant figure out how to reach and tighten it?

3rid

-
Christian,
You need those 2 bolts.
You need to take the valves off, bolt the manifold, make it tight, then fit the valves again..
it's tricky... especially the valve on the right, but going slow you'll find a way to slide it in... usually turning the assembly a bit to fit it... then put it back in position.

hope this helps...

Christian_83

Xscream
3rid, have you grinded your b pipe manifold, cuz it seems imnpossible to pull the valve off when the manifold are mounted to the cylinder.

3rid, have you grinded your b pipe manifold, cuz it seems imnpossible to pull the valve off when the manifold are mounted to the cylinder.

Hallo Chistian, i dont grind the manifold but i grind the pv case . Its better because you need the sealarea. I also drill a hole in headpipe and epoxy a sleeve in for pv-spring. So you dont need a spacer and can bore manifold and headpipe to the max diameter with no sealtrouble.

Hope, can send pics after my holyday if i finish my ss845 screambuild

Andy

Some pics........area my finger show you have to grind. Pv must build in with inner scewhole up and grinded area to manifoldsealhigh. Hope you underatand what i mean??????

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316717039.530040.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316717039.530040.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 150
More....

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316717140.329863.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316717140.329863.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 130
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316717319.278654.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316717319.278654.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 134
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316717608.035662.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316717608.035662.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 137

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
Now I see what you are asking. I think it was getting lost in the translation. Your pipe will have to be ground to clear the valves. Dasa will do this modification for you for $275.

Brian

Du skal først monterer din manifold og så derefter dine PV uden plast delen, den skal på til sidst. Det kan godt lade sig gøre, du skal bare have slebet lidt i din manifold så der er plads til PV'en.
Selve alu delen skal lige drejes ind under manifolden til sidst.

Kasper

Last edited:
Top Bottom