Dasa vs Xscream vs Tpe 1100cc

Ok so it's a trait of the motor that can be modified if the buyer wants. I wasn't insinuating that it was just a result of bolt ons, just asking what part they may play in it. Yeah Bogart rips. Taking care of the motor doesn't hurt whether stock or XS1200 imo. Thanks for your opinion, I'm sure others appreciate it. Good luck this year.

onlyFX-1

Jace Forest...BRAP!
By warming up I mean-
I prime the carbs, turn my idle down, fire it up out of the water, let it idle low for a few seconds, then give a few little braps before putting it in the water and riding. Warm up the cylinders a little

"Looking for opinions on 10mm 1100 motors."

Before we get too derailed the question was for "10mm 1100 motors". So let's compare apples to apples here please. The XS 1200 is the King of the Hill no doubt, but it doesn't meet the question asked here.

The TPE 1100 looks like it lists around $5400.00. The DASA 1100 10mm retails for $6265.00 on Dasa's site and $6000.00 on Thrust's (if you order it with a cast vs. billet crank?) X-scream goes from a 1000cc straight to the 1200. Their listed price for the 1000cc was around $7k? (since the question is 10mm, closest comparison motor for them). So there is the real break down. Compare these to be more on the same page. I'm not sure how much they differ on price to performance ratio. Just giving a more accurate comparison.

I think people who want a 1200cc don't ask how much- they just buy it. You don't buy a Ferrari and have to ask "how good is it"- it just is.
There is good amateur stuff, then there is pro level. If you're asking questions on this forum you're not asking for King of the Hill, because if you're going to get a pro level engine you should already know what you want or your most likely not ready for it.

Last edited:
I'm not in need of the combo capable motor, just the low end grunt from my 964. My next motor will be TPE1100 (or bigger?), and a 155 pump.

What was interesting of @onlyFX1's critique, was how he addressed (biased opinion or not), the 'MEAT' of the discussion.

Jace, nice to hear an opinion from someone who has actually ridden all three...wish more people would chime in that have ridden all three.
One question, which dasa is being compared a 16mm 1200? I know the TPE is 10mm 1105 and assume the xs12 is 16mm 1200.

jetskiing is the buddy club of opinions especially on forums,your going to hear from people on what there buddy,sponsor or best discount comes from for the most part.Still valid but far from bias... certain brands cater to more forum level users. Riding multi ski setups and choosin the powerband you prefer most is really the best way to go. Changin you pipe setup to cater to what you like...most of these motors can be made to make power where you like and what you would prefer. they all rip at that level of cc

Wakerider26

Peter Waldron -doing jetski tricks
I have also ridden all 3. Dasa power is hard on the bottom, but runs out quick. Propped right, its great for one trick at a time (what you are looking for). TPE has the bottom grunt that keeps pulling into the middle (pulls hard). XS does not have the bottom punch, but still comes on quickly, and comes on hard, and continues to pull. The first time you want to put multiple flips together, or any kind of combo, you will really feel the benefit of XS.

Jace, nice to hear an opinion from someone who has actually ridden all three...wish more people would chime in that have ridden all three.
One question, which dasa is being compared a 16mm 1200? I know the TPE is 10mm 1105 and assume the xs12 is 16mm 1200.
The XS1200 is an 88mm stroke 66E based engine. OP asked about 10mm stroke 62T based, which I believe off the shelf with Xscream you get a 1000. I think the XS1200 was just brought up in conversation, not to be used as a comparison to a 78mm 62T based engine I hope. Really hard to talk apples and apples here. I don't think I would be disappointed with any of the 3 and wish I could spend some time on all 3. Like I said before, small club of people that have actually spent some serious time on all 3. Zeski and others don't seem to have problem with combos on DASA idk.

Top Bottom