Decal glue??? Am I missing something?

ShAkEdOwN

Armada Racing
So, I've removed the decals from my RN with a heat gun. I am now left with the most stubborn bastard asss adhesive know to man. I've used turpintine, thinner, goo gone, gasoline, oops, and elbo grease.......all seam to have no significant effect. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance for any help.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Lay a rag on a section as flush as possible, soak it with lacquer thinner (not mineral spirits) for about 20 minutes, then rub off.

Or get a 3M decal removal wheel on a high speed drill/die grinder.

goof off is the ONLY thing that works fast and simple. everything else seems to take more elbow grease, u can get it from home depot

goof off in the aerosol can..... keep the glue saturated in the spray and it'll come off with a plastic putty knife, no problems. The glue turns to a slimmy gel that gets sticky if it dries up so use a paper towel to clean the excess of the knife/ski every so often.

stanton

High on jetskis.
you messed up! get the decal removal wheel and it takes off the sticker and the glue at the same time. i stripped and cleaned my ski in two hours.

keefer

T1
Yep, the 3m decal removal wheel is the shiz. Before I knew about these little jewels I made the mistake of peeling the decals and struggling with solvents to remove that nasty glue residue.:aargh4:

ShAkEdOwN

Armada Racing
Well, I did what JETT said and put a laquer thinner soaked rag on it for 20 min. It worked great on the hull, but the hood was a different question (hood not gel coat, hood be painted). DOH!!!!!!! now looks like I'm gonna have to repaint it, 'cause it did a great job removing the glue........and the paint!!!!. Ah, the joys of being a SJ noob. Thanks for all the response though guys.

ShAkEdOwN

Armada Racing
no worries I am actually getting my tailgate repainted black(due to an unfortunate breaking of the tow strap) so I guess I'll just roll it up into that.

Top Bottom