Decal Glue Removal

Gum and tar remover or the stuff hink230 mentioned is Easy and you can't burn thru the finish.

They sell the eraser wheel at the auto parts store and also have gum and tar remover in the auto body paint section so you could do either

rubber erasing wheel is the best way..I tried using chemicals and they didn't really do much at all. It does make a bit of a mess, basically a bunch of eraser pieces all over the place but nothing 2 minutes and a shop vac can't take care of.

I kept hearing how great the eraser wheel is and how my heat gun would not work.....the heat gun worked GREAT...then wiped the entire ski down with acetone. This was a seadoo GSX though...

You just have to get them finger tip burning hot and the peel slow.

I kept hearing how great the eraser wheel is and how my heat gun would not work.....the heat gun worked GREAT...then wiped the entire ski down with acetone. This was a seadoo GSX though...

You just have to get them finger tip burning hot and the peel slow.

Thats what I did to get the decals off of my superjet. However it left behind a layer of glue where all the decals were. I tried acetone and xylol on it with poor results...put an eraser wheel on it and it came right off.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
I used heat gun and razor blade on Blaster, but when I did a 750 those things were on, so I used the eraser wheel! works great just dont let it burn through the paint.

I see a eraser wheel in my toolbox someday I just didn't have one....I am shocked acetone on a good towel with some elbow grease didn't get it...that stuff is potent!

mwalker

HMS Yamaha
This is sold at a local store Canadian Tire, thought I would try it. its pretty damn good, melts the glue in seconds. You still have to scrape the glue off but it works really well. Use in a well vented space......wooooh38987-3M-Specialty-Adhesive-Remover.jpg

Top Bottom