Octane Decisions

So I need to build a new motor. I have help in doing that. Problem is, do I go with the 800 XC snow mobile power valve cylinders that bump me to 794 CCs for about $900 in parts, or do I spend $2600 in parts for big bore cylinders that bring me to 910 CCs...? This is all in addition to $800 for a new OEM crank...
If anyone else has ideas, I'd like to hear them. I enjoy doing things outside the box... I ride my Octane in the surf, but it would be nice to transition to an aftermarket surf hull in the future, taking the Polaris drivetrain with me of course!
Thanks,
Alex

sorry for not getting back to you. if you do the powervalve cylinders you'll need a powerfactor style pipe. nothing else will fit. don't do an oem crank. sbt's a really good for the money.

StandupWI

Sinking with the bilge on
Now, I am no expert on engines and porting. However, if you go with the snowmobile route are you worried about the porting of a snowmobile cylinder? I would imagine its a bit more of a high revving cylinder even with the powervalves. I think some more experienced members may chime in on this. But the snowmobile cylinders may be more work then the big bore.

Except for the EME stuff, everything else for these motors is for snow mobiles. My builder knows this and we're doing our research... He just says I need to decide on a budget...

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Art at Blackjack Performance quoted me way less to rebuild my SXR crank, new Japanese parts, trued and welded.

Not sure if he can do the same thing with a Polaris crank, but maybe give him a call, if not, maybe Crankworks. $800 seems like a lot, but then, I don't know anything about the Octane.

Top Bottom