Super Jet DeFoamed my 08 SJ.....What a pain in the a$$....

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I ran my SJ for three years like that without issues. I also reinforced the sides and put a little bit of 2-part foam on top of the polystyrene so that I could have Flat, even surface to glass my tray back in.

Manfish66-What addition tray mods do you have planned, looking good so far! take lots of pics when your refoaming

I cant say just yet cuz its still in the works so i dont wanna say it till I have the parts finished in my hot lil hands. I can say its not gonna be like any other superjet out there! Lots of pics soon to come....

HAHA! We were defoaming at the same time. Itchy hands... Looks good.

My hands and forearms were killing me! And then I work in a hospital so I have to change gloves about 300 times a day, it was beyond the point of insanely irritating...... Any special plans for your foam and tray shape?

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Well.. It's kind of like yours a bit. Waiting to see how theskiclinic's holds turn out. I'd like adj holds, so I am waiting on that to come around. But I also want to lower the tray under the holds and angle them down a bit also. I widened the tray last winter and will keep it like that somewhat. So much is depending on the holds as to the shaping of the tray. I may lower the sides more too depending on how the tray lowering goes. It's just a big itchy freak show lol! Not sure on foam yet as far as what type, or If I will use foam. But knowing my luck as soon as I go foamless, my hull will crack somehow and sink.

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Haha me too.. I still have a little bit left to get out in the tray. Spent today buying foam, paint and other goodies for the rebuild!!!

Nice. It's that time of year for sure. I'm just glad I didn't have to wear sterile gloves at work after. That had to suck. I still need to go shopping. Kind of waiting to make up my mind on some materials. Have some fun!

Boris

The Good Old Days
The lotion works when it's hot and humid like all year here in SWFlorida.

The hot/cold shower afterwards does wonders to open and close your pores and let all the glass fall away.

Top Bottom