defoaming:where to make cut

This is where I cut mine.Some may have diff opinions on this but it works for me.cut it as 1 solid peice so its easy to reglass back.Dont cut to far back or down into the body to far or you will get into the pump.

Attachments

• Picture%20065.jpg
    Picture%20065.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Picture%20066.jpg
    Picture%20066.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 143

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
This is where I cut mine.Some may have diff opinions on this but it works for me.cut it as 1 solid peice so its easy to reglass back.Dont cut to far back or down into the body to far or you will get into the pump.

Not that I have ever done it, but it seems like you would want to come down the center of the tray more so that you get into the back portion of the ski more. :dunno:

Not that I have ever done it, but it seems like you would want to come down the center of the tray more so that you get into the back portion of the ski more. :dunno:

I use a wire wheel on a drill for most of the easy to get stuff(works good)
I use a pressure washer for the rest.
never had much prob getting all of it out.

would it work if i cut out fooholds individually, then cut out the shape in the front? i also need to glass these back in after i finish. something like below? should i cut with a dremel, or jigsaw with short blade or something else?

View attachment 40124

Ive done that also , it works but be carefull not to break the foot hold when removing it from the tray..
That way will give you a better opening for the back of the ski..

Frosty

New York Crew
everyone has a slightly different approach.. depends upon what other projects you might be wanting to tie to it.

Attachments

• rn0024.jpg
    rn0024.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 186

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
then use a water blaster to blow the foam it
it rips through it no time flat
take about 10mins to clean it out, but you get covered with crap

A few more pics for yeah...you really don't have to cut out a tonne of the tray...its very doable with just your footholds cut, square in front of tray and exhaust pipe removed. I've even done it with the same holes cut with the exhaust pipe still in place.

Attachments

• IMG_1137.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1157.jpg
    IMG_1157.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 69

amemoryoncelost

X2/SNsj
I found this randomly today ,might give you an idea of what to look for...
1_Picture_291.jpg

http://www.x-h2o.com/photoplog/index.php?n=1254 is the link to a bigger picture...

yea i cut the holds out individually ( to make bigger hole ) i would presure wash it out, but it snowed a little bit today so thats not happenin. ill go with drill n wire wheel/ shop vac. im not cutting a hole in the front either. its not worth the effort for a little bit of foam.

Top Bottom