defoaming:where to make cut

Bedpost

I reek of neoprene
OK, so heres where Im at.. Should i consider cutting another hole (or maybe 2?) back over the pump so i can 5200 the piss out of the inserts? also since its a Square, the tray has a considerable "hump" back there where the tray can flex up and down 1''- 1/2'' when i press on it.. does that change anything?:dunno:

Attachments

• IMG_1471.jpg
    IMG_1471.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1472.jpg
    IMG_1472.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1477.jpg
    IMG_1477.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 34

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
Lots of pics at wavejunkies.com/gallery/phils build/dans ski.

Cut out in two pieces because we didnt realize how wet it was.........on piece is the way to go. I have measurements somewhere if I can find them...........

sorry for jumping in but i'm getting into the whole ski thing (even tho i dont have any at the moment) but what is the purpose of defoaming? and as far as rebuilding/moding skis how hard is it, i mean i can hold my own with tools and stuff but i dont know much about engines and stuff like that? is there a moding jet ski's for dummies book lol

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
The hulls (Superjets) are not sealed well from the factory. The flotation foam in the back saturates with water over time.
That gets very heavy.
That's why you defoam.

Modding jetskis doesn't take much in the way of special tools.
A good metric socket set will cover your basics.
And refer to this forum for "modding by dummies"

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
The hulls (Superjets) are not sealed well from the factory. The flotation foam in the back saturates with water over time.
That gets very heavy.
That's why you defoam.

Modding jetskis doesn't take much in the way of special tools.
A good metric socket set will cover your basics.
And refer to this forum for "modding by dummies"

For sure. I would be lost without this site. When I go to work on my ski, I search this forum first, and keep my laptop with me in the cellar so I can review stuff. Their have been many times that in the course of wrenching I get 'stuck'. I'll throw out a quick question on this site, and usually within minutes I get an answer.

Oh, and a lot of times the answers come from Matt E. So, hey Matt, thanks for all your help in the past, and may you and your family have a Merry Christmas!! :Banane09:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I'm just a hack. :veryhappy:

I am learning to let pros do the work (i.e., motor building)

Top Bottom