Did a little dessert riding while out for World Finals

john zigler

Vendor Account
I shipped one of my old bikes (specialized Rock Hopper A1-comp) out to Havasu so as I could ride a little while there for the World Finals.

Fish was going to take me out, but I didn't have time. I did make it out by my self one day.

1-1/2 hours out, up hill to the large base of the mountains. 16mins back ( FAST) IMG_0585.JPG IMG_0588.JPG IMG_0591.JPG IMG_0584.JPG

Aquaholic

World's Oldest Teenager
How's the riding out there? I kept looking up at the terrain that frames the Havasu landscape, and couldn't help but feel the itch to taste some of those trails. I always bring my Fat bike to World finals and next year...I'm getting out there!

Good meeting you John!

IMG_6730.JPG

Aqua - make it a priority next year. Out of Sara Park on the south side of town has designated and maintained single track. The riding is great because it is so different than what we have around here. It is brutal desert landscape complete with jagged rocks and cactus but the trails flow up and down with short climbs and obstacles that put a smile on your face. You can ride all the way to the water and back if you have a little time.

john zigler

Vendor Account
How's the riding out there? I kept looking up at the terrain that frames the Havasu landscape, and couldn't help but feel the itch to taste some of those trails. I always bring my Fat bike to World finals and next year...I'm getting out there!

Good meeting you John!

View attachment 262039

Good meeting you as well.....

We hiked at Sara Park, and I spent some time walking the single track trails. It looked like it would be a a GREAT place to ride. ( Chris Fishetti confirmed this). The red loop is the trails you want for bike riding.

This year, I was really pressed for time, and I ended up just riding from our house, up into the desert. It was fun. Next time, I hope I can get to Sara Park.

Earlier this year, We were in Pheonix, and I went up to Cave Creek and rented a 29er and rode single track trails. It was a totally different experience than the tight woods I am used to here, and a lot of fun. I was hoping to kinda "re-live" this experience here in Havasu.

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
Hey @john zigler & @Aquaholic if you guys (or anyone else) wants do a ride next year at the finals I would be down. An early morning rip through the desert would be a fun way to start the day.

1558572_10100554270783852_7261556659615655545_n.jpg

My Lady can hang too, well for the most part. haha.

547233_10100397305244052_694934548_n.jpg

I usually bring my trials bike to play on at the campgrounds as well.

1239850_10100397305189162_1386052656_n.jpg

Top Bottom