Super Jet difference betwen stock 144mm pump, and a stat trak mag pump. 144mm

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
A mag pump has a larger hub, shorter and straighter vanes, and usually more vanes than the stock six. Mag pumps can have 6, 8, 10, 12, or 14 vanes.
The 12 vane is the most common mag pump.
The larger hub makes it a higher pressure pump. The shorter, straighter vanes straighten the flow better.

As far as advantages, read this for starters: http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/100630-Mag-Pump!&highlight=mag

Waternut

Customizing addict
More efficient vein design that transfers power and keeps the pump loaded up better plus they are usually made of stainless steel instead of aluminum. Think of powering a fan with flat pieces of angled cardboard and then switching to a high efficiency model airplane propeller. The difference is amazing.

scotts2t

Head Woop!
Well first of all, skat pumps are all stainless. The stator hub size is larger to accomodate the 75 mm hub props which is a way more efficient design than stock. They also offer designs with more stator veigns for the same reason. Thet are basically the setup with the most r&d but you end up paying top dollar for the upgrade.

Its all about the surf!
First off I believe a OEM pump is 140mm not 144mm, however the main difference between a Magnum pump and a stock pumps design is such that a Magnum pump requires less water to pressurize the pump and produce thrust. This advantage is really only noticeable in rough/churned up water conditions such as on a race track following in someone else's wake or in the ocean on the whitewater created by a breaking wave. In smooth water most people can't notice an advantage of a mag pump over a stocker.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Well first of all, skat pumps are all stainless.

The vanes and the hub are, the rest is cast aluminum OEM pump.

First off I believe a OEM pump is 140mm not 144mm,

OEM pump is 144.
Yamaha never made a 140.

In smooth water most people can't notice an advantage of a mag pump over a stocker.

I disagree (personally). I notice the most radical difference in smooth water acceleration gains.

Last edited:
First off I believe a OEM pump is 140mm not 144mm, however the main difference between a Magnum pump and a stock pumps design is such that a Magnum pump requires less water to pressurize the pump and produce thrust. This advantage is really only noticeable in rough/churned up water conditions such as on a race track following in someone else's wake or in the ocean on the whitewater created by a breaking wave. In smooth water most people can't notice an advantage of a mag pump over a stocker.

i dont think many could tell the diff in flat smmoth water either,in a blind test.they shine in whitewater,but its a waste of money otherwise

Waternut

Customizing addict
I've got a 140 pump on my setup and I primarily only do flatwater freestyle. If you talk to Art at Jetworks, he seems pretty much sold on the 140 pumps. I think I was getting a little more air off my stock pump with a hooker prop but it was also harder to get that air because the pump unhooked so frequently. With the mag pump, I may have sacrificed a little height but the success rate of a good jump is a lot higher so riding is more enjoyable. The height difference could just be mental though because I'm used to it.

DirtyJ

Freedom aint free no more
Say whatever you like here cause I could care less
I have both a 140 and 144 mags and Im in no rush to get rid of either. You guys come ride a flat, land locked lake and tell me a mag isnt worth the money. I cant believe some of the comments Im reading here.
Quite a few of you Boys need to find out first hand and not drink all the kool-aid they try and serve you!

they definatly put the power to the water better imo.
i rode for years without one, and so far one season with....and i cant imagine going back. makes for more predictable and better riding in all water conditions i found.
when you get into strokers and sutch, they should be standard item! you wouldnt run your race car on street tires right?! same shizz applies here

anyone that thinks there stock pump is better has no clue. i cant ride a boat without a mag pump anymore. even with a limited 701. 140 144 148 are all good pumps. i have 4 boats i ride they all have mag pumps in um. so does my blaster. hell i even put a 148 mag in my stock b2.

DirtyJ

Freedom aint free no more
anyone that thinks there stock pump is better has no clue. i cant ride a boat without a mag pump anymore. even with a limited 701. 140 144 148 are all good pumps. i have 4 boats i ride they all have mag pumps in um. so does my blaster. hell i even put a 148 mag in my stock b2.

X2 on all this!

My 140 is going in my blaster as well:headbang:

Top Bottom