Differences in Cylinders and performance...

Cannibal

Tasty Human
So, what about a 62t that has been freestyle ported by a major builder? How would that compare to a stock 61x?

I thought that most builders were over $400 for a port job. I know Watcon up here has it listed as $450 on his site.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I had a Rec Ported 760 that was great, much better than a stock 61x, I liked it a bit better than a ported 61x actually but I am not a huge fan of super snappy/twitchy motors.

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
someone verify a name branded port job under $300, or I will be forced to say BS all over this.

DASA/Lamey ports the stock cylinder for $300 all day long. We charge the same for our billet cylinder as well.

No sale or winter price, it has always been the price.

I just confirmed it with Kyle before I posted this.

Brian

Last edited:

Cannibal

Tasty Human
DASA/Lamey ports the stock cylinder for $300 all day long. We charge the same for our billet cylinder as well.

No sale or winter price, it has always been the price.

I just confirmed it with Kyle before I posted this.

Brian

Nice! I think that is the way I'll go when it comes time to have my cyl ported. I'll probably run a stock 61x this summer.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Art at Jetworks charged me $330 for my port job on my 61x cylinder last October. Widened exhaust ports, matched boost and transfers, as well as the inside of the transferred all the way to the bottom. About as extensive as you can get. Glass smooth on the exhaust ports and rough on the inside of the transfers. Everything matched evenly to each side.

Last edited:

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Art at Jetworks charged me $330 for my port job on my 61x cylinder last October. Widened exhaust ports, matched boost and transfers, as well as the inside of the transferred all the way to the bottom. About as extensive as you can get. Glass smooth on the exhaust ports and rough on the inside of the transfers. Everything matched evenly to each side.

Can you give a comparison of before and after on just the cyl, or did you do other stuff at the same time?

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Can you give a comparison of before and after on just the cyl, or did you do other stuff at the same time?

Power difference???

Only other thing I had done at the same time was had the exhaust manifold port matched to the cylinder exhaust outlets, and the exit of the exhaust manifold widened and matched the entrance of the head pipe. That was an extra $120 from Art.

Difference was great. Way way snappier off the bottom end, but very smooth into the mid range. Art did what he thought would suite me best for surf riding. He didn't do all maximum bottom end porting, he did more bottom-mid porting. I love the power. Was well worth it. I was already rebuilding my engine, so it was worth spending the extra $ to have that stuff done...

All in all I had purchased a brand new crank, new pistons, porting, bore and hone, new gaskets, shipping, I spent like $1200.

A couple weeks after installing the engine, I installed a set of light weight Kawi style couplers and that added to the snappiness.

Top Bottom