DISCONTINUING THE SUPERJET????

It's about 20% faster, will more high end stability.

If you want a better 2 stroke superjet, buy an AM hull with a bunch of AM parts.

Having the Superjet progress to a 4 stroke was the right move in the evolution of the sport.

I couldn't agree more. I was just looking for a single stat that made it "better." At least I can say it's faster, not quicker.

I couldn't agree more. I was just looking for a single stat that made it "better." At least I can say it's faster, not quicker.

High jump in performance upper limit, I would imagine, too. Hotter engine calibration surely makes this thing much much faster than the old superjet. Not to mention the other performance mods that will hopefully become cheaper as production levels can increase. I see the turbo kit costs about as much as the whole ski right now.

I think the acceleration should be comparable to the 2020 if you do the power to dry weight ratio is
2020- 4.19 Lbs to 1 hp
2021- 3.75 Lbs to 1 hp
SXR1500 -3.44 Lbs to 1 hp

High jump in performance upper limit, I would imagine, too. Hotter engine calibration surely makes this thing much much faster than the old superjet. Not to mention the other performance mods that will hopefully become cheaper as production levels can increase. I see the turbo kit costs about as much as the whole ski right now.

Agreed, this will definitely be the fastest SJ ever. I found that it can sustain 50+mph, with a top speed of 54.5mph...

Don't get me wrong, I want one... But it's a different boat, like something I want to rip Puget Sound vs a small lake. :)

After looking at this more, I used the 2007 weight at 291lbs vs 306lbs on the new hull redesign for 08+.

Knowing that power to weight ratio is higher makes the new boat way more appealing. Looks like we give up agility mainly.
I wonder what changes they did in 08 for the 15lb increase?

At least Yamaha made it big enough to fit the Kawasaki engine. That with some work on the pump inlet should fix any power/speed deficiency. This has been the problem with buying a new SJ for a while, not enough engine to work with.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
At least Yamaha made it big enough to fit the Kawasaki engine. That with some work on the pump inlet should fix any power/speed deficiency. This has been the problem with buying a new SJ for a while, not enough engine to work with.

No need to swap when you can flash the ecu, add forged pistons and a turbo for less than the cost of a new DASA and get 275HP.

No idea. There is a watercraft jouranl article from a couple years ago that mentions forged pistons adds another 10% HP.
Im just not sure how forged pistons add hp. I consider myself pretty knowledgable about stock short block vs built forged short blocks. I have an engine now that has a built bottom end but the only aspect that I can see that adds HP is raising compression with aftermarket pistons. I also do know that you cant just take the stock cylinder and throw in a set of stock size or oversized pistons and just drop them in. Atleast I wouldnt do that. A machinist would need to get involved for ANY cylinder and piston matching or machining necessary for a lasting motor. Also machinist would also need to know how much boost if any will be used to get the rings and piston to wall clearance setup correctly for expansion. Just throwing this out there.

Either way, I want one.... Probably wait a year or two for the price gouging to come down. I was going to get a new KTM dirt bike but at 43 the ground hurts a lot more than water and my 2004 Husqvarna is already faster than I can ride it so I think the new dirtbike budget is going towards the 4-stroke superjet. But you will still have to pry my SN and RN from my cold dead hands. 1 SN superjet is good, 1 SN and 1 RN superjet is better and 1 SN and 1 RN and 1 4-Stroke superjet is perfect.

For someone out of the loop, how does the new Yamaha compare to the SXR1500s?
As a general comparison they are very different ski's. For a rec. use ski the SJ is fun, quick and easier to play on. The 1500 is bigger, faster and heavier..your not going to throw it around. On the Race circuit's they are in different classes. The 1500 has many advantages on a rough race course. If in the market, beg or borrow a ride on each ski is good advice. I've seen each of these ski's for sale after only a couple rides because the owner said "it's not for me".

Top Bottom