Diseling?

Just installed a bilge pump in my superjet, bilge worked great. Went to see if it still ran, took a bit to get fuel thought the line I replaced then it reved up all the way and wouldn't stop. Pulled spark plugs quickly and didn't stop. Pulled the main fuel line and took a few seconds to burn itself out..

Anyone know why it might do this.

Will it do it when I go to ride it?

Sounds like an air leak somewhere. Carb gasket, intake manifold gasket, cylinder base gasket, or rear crank seal. Best thing to do when that happens is hit the stop button and hold the throttle wide open. Fix it now before you lean seize.

Just installed a bilge pump in my superjet, bilge worked great. Went to see if it still ran, took a bit to get fuel thought the line I replaced then it reved up all the way and wouldn't stop. Pulled spark plugs quickly and didn't stop. Pulled the main fuel line and took a few seconds to burn itself out..

Anyone know why it might do this.

Will it do it when I go to ride it?
There may have been air in your fuel line/carb. Or you could have an air leak somewhere. Take the flame arrestor off and squirt some fuel down the carb then start it. See if it runs away again. If it does, try and stay calm and just cover the carb with your palm to cut off air supply.

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
If your ski runs away the best thing you can do is hold the stop button and pull the throttle full open. Seems counter intuitive but it works every time.

Edit: Sorry dirtjunky200 didn't see your post.

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
I have had my SXR run away twice, both times I had ran it way down on the Reserve setting. I had air in my fuel lines.

First time scared the crap out of me, pulled wires, hands over carbs/air cleaner neither worked, added choke and it stopped.

Next time I just grabbed the throttle and it never ran away, caught it before it happened.

Covering the exhaust on a two stroke will cause the fuel lines to prime? old R/C nitro trick.

Top Bottom