Dislocated Thumb

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
So last weekend I dislocated my thumb. I recommend that everyone should do this at least once in their life.:bs2: Of course it is going to be 3-6ft this weekend at the beach and I cant go WTF:banghead: :banghead: . So my question is as far as I know they cant really do anything for dislocations so I didn't goto the doctor I just put it in a splint. But should I go see one or not????? Has anyone had this happen to them? I am thinking of not using that hand till next weekend and tapping the S**T out of it when I ride.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
In my opinion its always best to go the doctor to make sure everything is cool. You never know you may have done more damage that won't heal properly on its own, and then you may have a problem for the rest of your life.

gimmick

sports a beater 550
It's best to let the doc set the joint. Since it was almost a week ago, a doctor can't do much in the line of resetting it, but you need to see a doc to make sure ligaments and soft tissue are OK. I hate to say it, but sometimes soft tissue complications require surgery. Your range of motion might suck badly if you don't get professional help.

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
It set itsself went out and right back in. I just called to get an apointment but they are closed.

Nothing some duck tape and JB weld cant fix.:bananapowerslide:

gimmick

sports a beater 550
That's happened to me many times. Feels nasty. When it doesn't go back in by itself is when problems usually arise. Is it sore, swollen, red, bruised, etc now?

Jumper

What! What!
I would see the doc. I dislocated a finger and popped it back in myself many years ago. When it dislocated it broke also. Get it checked out to make sure you are cool. Good luck!

All Stock

Keyboard Freestyler
I did mine when I was 19, no ins. no doctor visit. 10 years later, it pops out easily, about 4-5 times yearly. It is weak compared to the other hand. Definately have it checked out. I wish I would have.

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
gimmick said:
That's happened to me many times. Feels nasty. When it doesn't go back in by itself is when problems usually arise. Is it sore, swollen, red, bruised, etc now?

I did it last saturday and it was never really swollen or bruised just really sore.

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
All Stock said:
I did mine when I was 19, no ins. no doctor visit. 10 years later, it pops out easily, about 4-5 times yearly. It is weak compared to the other hand. Definately have it checked out. I wish I would have.

I don't think a doctor could have helped that. Once it's out, it's prone to popping out again forever.

I personally wouldn't go to a doc for a dislocated anything that's already back in place.

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
I just got back from the doctor and I have to cleared to ride :Banane13: :Banane13: He said that I streched two lig's and the I should be 100% in about a week. As I am going through DeTox I asked if I could ride this weekend and he said all I have to do is tape it up and Im good to go.... :cheer: :cheer: So I will be a BL or corsons saturday if anyone is around. Its looks like 3-5 footers

Frosty

New York Crew
I dislocated my thumb last summer riding in some 6-8 footers. Sucked!!! Tried resetting it while floating in the water. It was sore for the rest of the year.

Last weekend I attempted a BR off the back of a wave... didn't tuck correctly and nearly ripped my head off... pulled a muscle in my upper back/neck... can barely move my head now. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Has that ever happened to anyone? How long does it take to recover from that shiot?

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
That has happend to me before. Goto a chiropractor and get an adgustment and have them put stim on your upper back and neck. This will help alot. You should be good in acouple days.

P

PancakePete

D, Go rip it up dude. Just tape that hand up and do alot of one handers... BRAP ! :Banane01:

Frosty

New York Crew
D Slicker said:
That has happend to me before. Goto a chiropractor and get an adgustment and have them put stim on your upper back and neck. This will help alot. You should be good in acouple days.

cool cool... :biggthumpup: but what is stim?:dunno:

Top Bottom