do carb outer wears do the job?

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
you guys have good luck with flame arrestor "outer wears" do the job with keeping water out?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
For a short while after they're new.
A better approach (imho) is to make sure you get as little water as possible into the bilge in the first place.

nokfir

some people hate them. i like them, they dont hurt. at best they help against light water spray. u can see water bead up on them

They do deflect splashes that would otherwise flow through the F/A. Can also add some air restriction.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Been using the FLY from optima racing, mostly to keep sand away from the carbs. I do not treat them and keep WD40 and such away from the fabric because it seems to make them more restrictive. Like Matt said, keep your hull dry and your air tubes away from the carbs helps the most.

Brazina at FS told me when he bench tested proks with outerwears the flow was reduced like 22% and it got much worse when they were wet. Run long hood tubes and dual 550s and good open f/a if you are interested in serious performance from good carbs.He also found the stock 44 f/a to be fairly restrictive,removing 2 of the screens even made a notable diff

Top Bottom