DO racers/slalom jetskis, Shorten or Extend their Poles

I want more control from my 650sx.

just fitted flat bars, shortened and I love what this has given me. I feel the power of mods !!!
So id like to ahead a perform a few mods for handling and control.

I have odi grips with new finger throttle ( still had stock thumb one lol) with new cable, btw, any tips on cleaning the butterfly on the carb? as my throttle is sticking alittle bit and i feel grime on the spring is to blame.
i will add another spring but i dont want it to be to heavy.

but i digress

DO racers/slalom jetskis, Shorten or Extend their PolesDO racers/slalom jetskis, Shorten or Extend their Poles

screaming440

The Old Skool Professor
the 650sx is a handling turd and that is why few people raced them.

clean the carb with a carb cleaner spray. disconnect the throttle cable and snap the throttle to be sure it is the carb not the cable that is hanging up.

we use the ultra race pole on our race boats that can be lengthened or shortened. the length is dependent on rider size more than anything.

you can see our skis on anna's facebook page or you tube channel Jet Girls Racing.

in response to you other post...

you can start the ski out of the water for a while just don't let it get too hot. otherwise put a hose on it.

on exhaust gaskets I put them on dry or use a case sealent like yamabond or threebond.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Not an aggressive riding hull. Great for cruising. With the pole mounted so far back it makes it harder to get good leverage on for turns.

Last edited:
thanks 440.
it does seem quiet as bad as other put on but im then again ive had jetski fever so half a year so any ski will do.

upon turning over the js550 with the plugs IN, it caught and locked up, fully.
take the plus out and itl compress to 140psi each cyinder, as i was able to get a reading when one cyl was plugged.

now my pump catches fairly mild-medium. twice the impeller with touch and catch but you can turn it over by hand, it is a medium struggle but does move.

IT WILL GET CAUGHT GOING THE OPPOSITE WAY.

do i need to rebuild pump or is this another issue?

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Racers shorten them, but the 650sx pole is already like 4 inches shorter than a superjet is stock. If you want to get aggressive, get an aggressive hull.

thanks vumad, bro, what is the hydraulic in the jetski? ive never heard of this. i really wana ride this ski

thanks mate.
hey im sure yourve run into a few cylinders that wont come off the crankcase. exhaust mani and headpipe too.

i undertsand theres high risk of damaging these and here in 0z you dont find replacement motors for 300usd.
so ive been using wd40 for 3 day now with nothing. thinking i have the limestone/salt in between the bolt& threads.

i read about double nutting as the bolts are threded both ends, is this safe? how hard is this? reliable?

what other options do i have??

ive tried a mallet but no heat. ive decied to just replace the head gasket. reeds are good. everythings good, so ill see what just a head gasket does to its compression. I hear 2 stroke low compression is fixed mostly with just a replace of the gasket.

thanks for the info. i will just replace head gasket tho for this season i think...will see what happens.
i just finished seting up my dingy trailer for the js550 as it will be getting tuned and broking in. after 6 months of work and 4 year off.

i turfed my trailer scuffs as it was a good option for me.

Top Bottom