SXR does not want to idle on the way home....?

My 06 SXR is acting funny, when I go out for a ride , its starts and idles fine, idle out to the bay maybe about 7 min. I ride the ski for 40 min, it runs great, then when I head back into the lagoon and go to idle in it does not want to idle, it stalls and I have to give it gas to keep it going, when I give it gas it will stumble and the clear out and run, but if I let off the gas it dies. What would cause this? Plugs look good, compression is 150ish in each hole, and spark is good.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
lean on the low speed?
try turning out the low speed adjsuter a 1/4 trun and see the effect

Waternut

Customizing addict
I'm actually betting too rich and it's overloading the cylinders. Regardless though, if the ski runs smoothly, I wouldn't touch the tuning unless it fouls the plugs. Maybe just bump up the idle a little or blip the throttle every 15-20 seconds.

I had this same issue. I found my R&D pipe finally got its famous crack. Exhaust fumes what leaking out of the crack and filling the engine compartment. I would run fine when it was above a idle, but i would have to keep giving it gas to keep it from dieing as i tried to get it back to the ramp.

Top Bottom