Dolling up the 800

SKItarist750

Custom Kawi
I bought my SXR last summer, and this spring I started with some basic mods: TBM ride and scoop, 0 degree bars w/ODI grips and blowsion billet lock rings and caps, blowsion hood air blockoff, duckbill, K&N racing F/A's and outerwears (and of course rejetting the carbs), primer kit.

I have been very pleased with these mods, and now I'm starting on some other cool stuff. Last Saturday I spent a few hours and a lot of beers and replaced the stock pole with the UMI conversion setup. :headbang: also the team green billet gas cap.

this week I'm putting in footholds, team green composite rail caps, and blowsion turf.

m_e5c5a4fa8ac02308cadf5cd61147b675.jpg

l_5e22da4f9d5d76ef2b835adfd2a79a1a.jpg

l_d89303e525492fe7bbe1ac8dcd1eafd4.jpg

yamahammer

are you men the police?
i just got a new sxr and have been thinking about getting the tbm grate cause it seems the stocker does suck some air sometimes-- did you notice a good improvment-- ive never rode anything but the stocker-- thanks for any info-- good looking boat BTW:smile:

SKItarist750

Custom Kawi
Thanks. I noticed that my pump definitely stays hooked up better, especially in hard turns. I don't know if it's the combination of ride and scoop, or just the scoop, but I am happy with the improvement. A lot of people swear by the R&D Aquavein Stealth as well, but I have no experience with that scoop. All in all, there is a noticeable improvement in the handling of my boat. It's a great all-around ski and I can do a lot with it. Sometimes it comes unhooked for a second in extreme chop, but that happens no matter what scoop you're running.

yamahammer

are you men the police?
thanks- ill prob get the scoop- i was looking at the plate also or the maccracing plate- heard good stuff about it, but really i have zero gripes about the handling- ROCK ON:439:

SKItarist750

Custom Kawi
Can't wait to see the caps and the footholds.

Which ones are you installing?

kickers, with the blowsion mat kit. i'm a little worried about my feet fitting into them though. I should have it all done by Saturday, assuming i can get all the glasswork done tomorrow b4 work. after that, the turf install will be cake.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
E766_tmb_photo.jpg

I got it at Lowe's.

Because it's a paste, it made things insanely easy. My kickers required lots of grinding to make them fit. Such is life with Blowsion's products.

SKItarist750

Custom Kawi
Shonuff;550317 My kickers required lots of grinding to make them fit. Such is life with Blowsion's products.[/QUOTE said:
yeah there's definitely some gappage between the footholds and the tray sides. i'm hoping they'll snug up when i drill and epoxy them in before the glassing, because i already trimmed the flanges off. You would think that as much as you pay, they would fit like a glove

SKItarist750

Custom Kawi
so i finally got off my lazy arse and did all the hard work. footholds are in and glassed; now all i gotta do is caps and turf. the glasswork is pretty messy looking, due to the fact that this was the first time I've ever done it myself without any more knowledgeable folk around to help me.

0718081557.jpg

0722081312.jpg

0726082129.jpg

0730080122.jpg

0730080151.jpg

SKItarist750

Custom Kawi
Ok...it's all done and ready for trick'd out big air. Just gotta throw the back bumpers back on. Tomorrow AM it's on!

Attachments

• 0801080944.jpg
    0801080944.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 54
  • 0801080944a.jpg
    0801080944a.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 0801080945.jpg
    0801080945.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 31
Top Bottom