Freestyle Donations for Tanner "Tanman" Thomas

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Oh, so we are building a 2001 RN. I will start going through the list and pm's tomorrow night and requesting parts that were offered for donation. If they are still available. I hope they are atleast! We are looking for a few major parts before it heads to be painted, lowered hood & nose piece. I know we probably won't get those donated, but it never hurts to try.. Hahaha Therefore, we are still GLADLY accepting cash donations if anyone has interest in that way. Paypal: tannerskifund@comcast.net

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

btmboards

Brett
hey dirtnut, with it being such a long shot to get the lowered nose and hood. If you cant I would put some thought into either lowering a stock hood to save money or going with the stock hood and picking up one of the new nose peices that just came out I think this week. It is a lowered nose peice that mates up with a stock hood. 227 just made a thread about it because he just got one and they also got posted in the for sale section today. look pretty good for pretty cheach compared to the alternative.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
I Received the EPIC today from ATP! Thanks Chris!

Also if you offered parts, please check the list to see if your name is next to them and send them if you are willing to still donate them.

If I receive multiples of stuff or stuff we end up NOT using let me know if you want the part(s) back or not. If you do not want them back we are going to try to sell them to add cash to the pot for the parts we have to actually purchase outright..

Thanks everyone! Have a GREAT weekend!!

Wow, how to make a horrible situation, worse. I chipped in $25 bucks to the donations. If I had more, I would have given more. Better to give it to someone deserving, rather than the bums outside of Walmart trying to "hitch a ride on the bus". Hope everything gets better.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Sweet! Thanks Steve!! I am heading over to the build thread now to put up a couple pics Tanner posted on FB.. He is at TC's house this week working on the hull with TC before he heads back to the Great White North of Alaska after Pismo this weekend...

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Hey guys, I just wanted to get on here and give everyone the update on the progress and the plan. First off I would like to thanks Casey, Steve, my parents and everyone who has donated to get me this hull and get me back in line to be on the water as soon as possible. It was a real low blow for me to lose this ski that Daylight and so many others had just put so much time and energy into. I have learned a lot and am starting over with a new ski as you know. I have been working with Taylor all week on this hull and we have put together some good plans for this ski. I was fortunate enough to use my gold ol' Alaska annual dividend check and worked enough to make it down to world finals in Havasu. There I was fortunate enough to put together some deals for the new ski. I now have an RRP pole from RRP, a scupper from Fast Elements, all the plans of a Dasa 850 power valve motor with Kyle and Brian of Dasa and much more. Taylor has offered to assemble this ski after paint at his shop here in Morro Bay CA. With all the experience of Taylor with these engines and skis and his location I feel it will work out good to have Taylor do the assembly after paint.
Thus far in the build we have installed the RRP adjustable footholds, re-inforced the nose, crown and sides and am in the process of cutting 3 inches off the back and finishing the scupper. I am very excited with the canvas that was been purchased for us to build on. It is an awesome superjet hull. Blowsion will be laying up a solid surf hood.

I am headed back to AK on tuesday and will be back to work. I am in the process of selling my 09' snowmobile to have money for this ski and plan on investing all of my income into the build. This is so that I can put together the best ski possible. There are a few key parts that if I can locate in decent condition it will save me that much more money. There are other parts where it will be worth it to buy all new and make this thing an amazing ski. I have a whole winter to put it together and want it done that much better than the last one, which will be tough to do with how much love was into it. But I think we are on the right track and this thing will turn out world class. I just wanted to get on here are let everyone who has helped me so much to get back on my feet, know what the plan is for this project and that I sincerely appreciate the support. This is a tough sport for me to do coming all the way from Alaska every year to compete and travel all over the west coast. I have been some what limited by my time in the surf and ability to ride enough before going home. I am on a mission to change all this and hit this thing harder than ever. I feel like this year got cut short for me and im coming back next year with two seasons of learning under my belt to prove what I have got. The amount of passion that I have for this sport and all my friends in it is very deep. I thank you all for everything you have and will do for me, from the bottom of my heart all you freeride boys are my family away from home and it is an honor to be on the beach with you.
Well keep this build thread going strong, for now im all itchy with Taylor. Gonna head to pismo for the weekend and limp home broke for the second time this year back to Alaska on Tuesday. Thanks for everything guys, this is the best sport in the world and I wanna show people that with my riding new year

Last edited:

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
In light of these changes, I will be backing up to allow Taylor to complete this build. Any parts coming to me are good to go, but we will change the shipping to Taylor from now on. I will be loading up the parts I have now, and that are currently in shipment, soon to send them south.. Thank you all for the help we have received so far! The parts list will be changing a bit once I get the updated needs list.

I will still be involved in communication and the cash donation end of this build, but not actively apart of the construction as planned in the beginning. I can't wait to see how the ski turns out! I KNOW it WILL be EPIC!!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Little update on the original ski that was lost:

VTj1WGP.jpg

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Washed up a month ago.
That means 17-18 months of Pacific Northwest storms pounding it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom