Freestyle Double Back Flip

yeah and when i land upside down from a failed backflip it doesn't hurt. i tried a backflip on a ski before i could turn well. i'll never try one on a bike and big jumps still scare me and i've been on the dirt for 20 years.

The bud productions video with the superfreaks, there was one doing 1 1/2 backflip. 2 is probably doable with the 1100cc monster

on a chest high wave it is so hard not to over rotate on a light ski non surf stance , it is all about the stall till the apex . It would be fun to go for the glory on a over head, lip getting ready to pitch out chuck head back pull the bars to your chest WFO UFO jump .

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Exactly right Tem. I've been thinking about that since my last weekend in surf where I over rotated just about every flip on chest high surf.
Crap, yesterday my buddy Whitca over rotated off v-wakes on my freak.
I think it's possible.

yeah and when i land upside down from a failed backflip it doesn't hurt. i tried a backflip on a ski before i could turn well. i'll never try one on a bike and big jumps still scare me and i've been on the dirt for 20 years.

I think at that height it would start to hurt. Think of the speed of rotation and the amount of speed built up while falling from that height.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
This is a heavy move that haunts me some nights as I know I have the equipment and every now and then the conditions but I don't know if I have the conviction and balls to do it. I have massive respect for guys like Ross, TC, Zack, Pierre, Stanton, and many more that LAUNCH on a regular basis and can still walk somewhat upright as a few F ed up landings will really take a toll .
I'm hoping for a one jump and the rest wave riding comps for the elderly riders like me.

couldnt agree more!

I was right behind the wave when Gil tried it and I can tell, he missed it by 2 degrees.
He subt it straight in but came up upside down.
He was the first who showed that it is possible!

He did it on a Light Weight hull.

MARC

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
is this really old? skip to 2:50.

They were talking about it at WF's 2010, saying he was catching the nose in practice on the second, and lots of rumors that he was going to do the double at WF's 2011. With the ridiculous height he gets on the singles, you can't help but to assume that he's doing doubles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom